in sales tax from
tourism. The states in
the worst condition are
California, New Jersey,
New York, Massachusetts
and Illinois. The worst
ranked state was
Illinois. There the
government has used funds
set aside for future
pensions to pay for
As per his
wishes, cremation rights
have been provided by the
funeral home. Donald was
born on April 24, 1926,
on the family farm in
Andalusia, Illinois, the
son of Edward
‘Ed’ and Ivah
Roannie Pahl Fix. He
married Florence Ridenour
on June 17 ...
skies in the evening with
midnight. Low 66F. Winds
ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of rain 30%.
Widely scattered showers
or a thunderstorm early.
Then partly cloudy. High
87F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10
mph. Chance ...
involving a cement truck
and a passenger car
blocked 78th Avenue west
near Turkey Hollow Road
in Milan, Illinois. A
westbound cement truck
collided with an
eastbound Pontiac Grand
Am just before 8 a.m.
Tuesday, July 21, 2015,
according to a Rock
The names of two people
hurt in a motorcycle
accident Sunday evening
have been released.
Police say 36-year-old
Carlson and his wife,
34-year-old Tami Jo
Carlson of Andalusia,
Illinois were injured
when the motorcycle they
riders of the motorcycle,
Carlson, 36, and Tami Jo
Carlson, 34, both of
Andalusia, Illinois, were
injured in the crash. The
husband and wife were
initially transported to
Unity Point Rock Island
for treatment, but later
ANDALUSIA, Ill. —
It was canine
companionship at its
finest: A dog saves
another dog in danger.
According to WQAD, a
black lab fell through
the ice at a water
treatment plant in
Thursday, near the Iowa
border. Another black lab
dog’s best friend
is … another dog.
The canine drama was in
motion when maintenance
workers at the Andalusia,
Illinois, Water and
Sewage Treatment were
breaking for lunch when
they heard a dog’s
agitated barks. “I
had just sat down for
According to WQAD 8 News,
a dog in Andalusia,
Illinois, was rescued
from icy water on
Thursday thanks to the
help of another dog who
helped draw attention to
barks from a dog at the
Andalusia Water and
— An Andalusia ...
It began when Shape
magazine told Brooke
Birmingham, who has lost
170 pounds, that they
wanted to feature her in
story” column. She
agreed, but just days
after she sent the photo
disintegration of the
Umayyad Caliphate of
Cordoba during the civil
wars of 1009–1013,
into about 20-30 kingdoms
known as the party
kingdoms, reyes de
Reportage from Andalusia
during the celebrations
and religious rites of
Week” held in last
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR ANDALUSIA
Having a vegetarian diet in ANDALUSIA ILLINOIS
A vegetarian diet is a meal plan consisting mostly of plants such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, seeds and nuts. A vegetarian diet has little or no animal products.
Types of vegetarian diets include:
- Vegan: Diet consists of only foods herbal.
- Lacto-vegetarian: Diet consists of plant foods plus some or all dairy products.
- Lacto-ovovegetarian: Diet consists of plant foods, dairy products and eggs.
- Semi- or partial vegetarian: Diet consists of plant foods and may include chicken or fish, dairy products and eggs. It does not include red meat.
A well-planned vegetarian diet can provide good nutrition. A vegetarian diet often helps to have better health.Eating a vegetarian diet can help you:
Compared to those who are not vegetarians, vegetarians usually eat:
- Reduce the likelihood of obesity.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Fewer calories from fat (especially saturated fat).
- Fewer calories overall.
- More fiber, potassium and vitamin C.
By following a vegetarian diet, consider the following:
- Eat different foods, including vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, whole grains and dairy products and eggs if your diet includes.
- Cut back on foods that are high in fat, sugar and salt (sodium).
- No redress the lack of a nutrient overeating other. For example, do not eat much rich fat cheese to replace meat.
- Instead, choose protein sources that are low in fat, such as beans.
- If necessary, take supplements if your diet lacks certain vitamins and minerals.
- Learn to read the nutrition label on food packages. The label lists the ingredients and nutritional content of the food product.
- If you follow a restricted diet, you may want to work with a nutritionist to ensure you´re getting enough nutrients.
Lacto-ovo vegetarian; Semi-; Lacto; Partial vegetarian; Vegan
American Dietetic Association. Position of the American Dietetic Association: Vegetarian diets. J Am Diet Assoc . 2009; 109: 1266-1282.
Craig WJ. Nutrition Concerns and health effects of vegetarian diets. Nutr Clin Pract . 2010; 25: 613-620.
National Institutes of Health. Office of Dietary Supplements. Dietary Supplement Fact Sheets. Available at: ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/list-all. Accessed November 11, 2014.
Stettler N, Bhatia J, Parish A, Stallings VA. Feeding healthy infants, children, and adolescents. In: Kliegman RM, Stanton BF, St. Geme JW III, Schor NF, Behrman RE, eds. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics , 19th ed.Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2011: chap 42.
Thedford K, Raj S. A vegetarian diet for weight management. J Am Diet Assoc . 2011; 111: 816-818.
United States Department of Agriculture. Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. Dietary Guidelines for Americans . 2010. National Academy Press, Washington, DC 2010.
ANDALUSIA ILLINOIS tspan:3m
Fighting against human trafficking in ANDALUSIA ILLINOIS
Under Secretary for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights
» Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
» Identify and Assist a Trafficking Victim
» 20 Ways You Can Help
20 Ways You Can Help Fight Human Trafficking
After first learning about human trafficking, many people want to help in some way but do not know how. Here are just a few ideas for your consideration.
1. Learn the red flags that may indicate human trafficking and ask follow up questions so that you can help identify a potential trafficking victim. Human trafficking awareness training is available for inpiduals, businesses, first responders, law enforcement, and federal employees.
2. In the United States, call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center at 1-888-373-7888 (24/7) to get help and connect with a service provider in your area, report a tip with information on potential human trafficking activity; or learn more by requesting training, technical assistance, or resources. Call federal law enforcement directly to report suspicious activity and get help from the Department of Homeland Security at 1-866-347-2423 (24/7), or submit a tip online at www.ice.gov/tips, or from the U.S. Department of Justice at 1-888-428-7581 from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST). Victims, including undocumented inpiduals, are eligible for services and immigration assistance.
3. Be a conscientious consumer. Discover your Slavery Footprint, and check out the Department of Labor’s List of Goods Produced by Child Labor or Forced Labor. Encourage companies, including your own, to take steps to investigate and eliminate slavery and human trafficking in their supply chains and to publish the information for consumer awareness.
4. Incorporate human trafficking information into your professional associations’ conferences, trainings, manuals, and other materials as relevant [example].
5. Join or start a grassroots anti-trafficking coalition.
6. Meet with and/or write to your local, state, and federal government representatives to let them know that you care about combating human trafficking in your community, and ask what they are doing to address human trafficking in your area.
7. Distribute public awareness materials available from the Department of Health and Human Services or Department of Homeland Security.
8. Volunteer to do victim outreach or offer your professional services to a local anti-trafficking organization.
9. Donate funds or needed items to an anti-trafficking organization in your area.
10. Organize a fundraiser and donate the proceeds to an anti-trafficking organization.
11. Host an awareness event to watch and discuss a recent human trafficking documentary. On a larger scale, host a human trafficking film festival.
12. Encourage your local schools to partner with students and include the issue of modern day slavery in their curriculum. As a parent, educator, or school administrator, be aware of how traffickers target school-aged children.
13. Set up a Google alert to receive current human trafficking news.
14. Write a letter to the editor of your local paper about human trafficking in your community.
15. Start or sign a human trafficking petition.
16. Businesses: Provide internships, job skills training, and/or jobs to trafficking survivors. Consumers: Purchase items made by trafficking survivors such as from Jewel Girls or Made by Survivors.
17. Students: Take action on your campus. Join or establish a university or secondary school club to raise awareness about human trafficking and initiate action throughout your local community. Consider doing one of your research papers on a topic concerning human trafficking. Professors: Request that human trafficking be an issue included in university curriculum. Increase scholarship about human trafficking by publishing an article, teaching a class, or hosting a symposium.
18. Law Enforcement Officials: Join or start a local human trafficking task force.
19. Mental Health or Medical Providers: Extend low-cost or free services to human trafficking victims assisted by nearby anti-trafficking organizations. Train your staff on how to identify the indicators of human trafficking and assist victims.
20. Attorneys: Look for signs of human trafficking among your clients. Offer pro-bono services to trafficking victims or anti-trafficking organizations. Learn about and offer to human trafficking victims the legal benefits for which they are eligible. Assist anti-trafficking NGOs with capacity building and legal work.
The Guardian and a warning to ANDALUSIA ILLINOIS: Jehovah´s Witnesses´ silencing techniques, as terrifying as child abuse
Growing up in a Jehovahs Witness family is different. As a child, I didnt celebrate birthdays, Christmas or July 4. Nor did I, or anyone I knew, mix with non-Witness families in Little League or Girl Scouts. Instead, I spent much of my time sharing the good news. I used to go door-to-door on my own with a big, strong, well liked man in my congregation, named Jonathan. I was just 9 and 10 when he repeatedly sexually abused me.
It is really hard for kids to speak up when theyre abused. But the Jehovahs Witnesses make it a lot harder.
They have a 2 Witness rule, which says that anyone who accuses an adult of abuse must have a second witness. If there is no second witness, the accuser is punished for a false accusation - usually by ordering that no Witness may talk with or associate with the false accuser. This is called dis-fellowshipping. For a kid raised only with other Witnesses, it was horrifying. Even your parents would have to ignore you. It was more terrifying than Jonathan.
It was the elders of my congregation who had assigned Jonathan to team up with me. When we separated from the others, he forced me into his pick-up truck and drove us to his house. Then he would say Lets play. It happened too many times. Like everyone else in the congregation, my parents liked Brother Jonathan and trusted him in our family.
My parents were consumed with some really huge problems in those years, and later divorced. I was emotionally alone - and wanted to be the best Jehovahs Witness I could be. Thats why I went out to field service - the door to door ministry that Witnesses are known for.
What my parents didnt know, was that Jonathan had sexually molested another girl in our congregation. The elders knew this and had kept it a secret. They were following orders from Watchtower leaders, based in the world headquarters in New York, who in 1989 had issued a top-secret instruction to keep known child sex abusers in the congregations a secret. This instruction became Exhibit 1 at my civil trial.
The elders and the Governing Body all knew that child molesters hide in religious groups and often are people who are likeable and friendly - like Jonathan. They knew molesters would likely do it again. But they chose to ignore the safety of the kids, in favor of protecting their image - and their bank account - from lawsuits. It was all in that 1989 letter.
A recent report by the Center for Investigative Reporting revealed that they have continued to issues directives urging silence around child abuse. Last November, elders were instructed to avoid taking criminal matters like child abuse to the authorities. Instead, they were told to handle them internally in confidential committees. The report also showed that Jehovahs Witnesses evoke the First Amendment to hide sex abuse claims.
It took me learning about Jonathans other victims for me to speak up. In 2009, I looked on Californias Megans Law website, the states official list of registered sex offenders. There, I found he had been convicted a few years before for sexually abusing another 8-year-old girl. I felt horribly guilty that I hadnt spoken up about him earlier. Now, I need to stop predators from doing this again.
The only way to end this abuse is by lifting this veil of secrecy once and for all.