The chase ended
when Burnettown police
officers, in Aiken
County, say Buxton ran
off the road at the
intersection of Duncan
Road and Audubon Road.
Burnettown Police Chief
David Smith says Buxton
tried to run him off the
road during the pursuit.
You can see ...
200 people were there
Tuesday night for the
renaming of the
officially been released
from jail. The South
Carolina Board of
afternoon to replace the
Common Core Standards
We have learned
that Burnettown's Mayor,
C.H. Williams, has passed
away. After lost his
battle with lung cancer
early this morning around
2:30am at a hospital.
This was Mayor Williams
10th year serving as the
small South Carolina
town's leader. In a
learned that Burnettown's
Mayor, C.H. Williams, has
passed away. After lost
his battle with lung
cancer early this morning
around 2:30am at a
hospital. This was Mayor
Williams 10th year
serving as the small
South Carolina town's
leader. In a ...
Edgefield was recently
ranked the No. 2 safest
city in South Carolina in
a report listing the 40
At night and
on weekends, its calls
are handled by the Aiken
Office. “When you
only have a police
South Carolina offers
great vacation house
rental and home
rental-by-owner deals for
traveler. No matter what
budget or level of
comfort you seek in your
holiday to Burnettown,
SC, there's surely a
great local vacation home
Crews are on the
scene, of an abandoned
mobile home fire. It's on
lee drive in Burnettown,
South Carolina. No
injuries reported. It
started around 4 this
morning. No cause yet but
investigators tell our
crew on the scene that it
Hall, 29, of Burnettown,
South Carolina, was
arrested November 23 by a
Georgia State Patrol
trooper and charged with
driving while a license
is withdrawn. He was
released on $1,430 bond.
Valentine Tristan Yanez,
30, of Athens, was
Carolina, at the age of
twelve, Walter picked up
an electric guitar and
never stopped the music.
At thirteen, his hometown
band The Fleshmen had a
regional hit song, Go
Funky. He continued
playing, having brushes
services will be
conducted on Wednesday,
September 19, 2007 at
11:00 a.m. at Sunset
Memorial Gardens near
Carolina. Buck was
preceded in death by his
parents, Artemus Roger
Powell Sr. and Alice
Edmunds Powell; his wives
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR BURNETTOWN
Having a vegetarian diet in BURNETTOWN SOUTH CAROLINA
A vegetarian diet is a meal plan consisting mostly of plants such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, seeds and nuts. A vegetarian diet has little or no animal products.
Types of vegetarian diets include:
- Vegan: Diet consists of only foods herbal.
- Lacto-vegetarian: Diet consists of plant foods plus some or all dairy products.
- Lacto-ovovegetarian: Diet consists of plant foods, dairy products and eggs.
- Semi- or partial vegetarian: Diet consists of plant foods and may include chicken or fish, dairy products and eggs. It does not include red meat.
A well-planned vegetarian diet can provide good nutrition. A vegetarian diet often helps to have better health.Eating a vegetarian diet can help you:
Compared to those who are not vegetarians, vegetarians usually eat:
- Reduce the likelihood of obesity.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Fewer calories from fat (especially saturated fat).
- Fewer calories overall.
- More fiber, potassium and vitamin C.
By following a vegetarian diet, consider the following:
- Eat different foods, including vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, whole grains and dairy products and eggs if your diet includes.
- Cut back on foods that are high in fat, sugar and salt (sodium).
- No redress the lack of a nutrient overeating other. For example, do not eat much rich fat cheese to replace meat.
- Instead, choose protein sources that are low in fat, such as beans.
- If necessary, take supplements if your diet lacks certain vitamins and minerals.
- Learn to read the nutrition label on food packages. The label lists the ingredients and nutritional content of the food product.
- If you follow a restricted diet, you may want to work with a nutritionist to ensure you´re getting enough nutrients.
Lacto-ovo vegetarian; Semi-; Lacto; Partial vegetarian; Vegan
American Dietetic Association. Position of the American Dietetic Association: Vegetarian diets. J Am Diet Assoc . 2009; 109: 1266-1282.
Craig WJ. Nutrition Concerns and health effects of vegetarian diets. Nutr Clin Pract . 2010; 25: 613-620.
National Institutes of Health. Office of Dietary Supplements. Dietary Supplement Fact Sheets. Available at: ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/list-all. Accessed November 11, 2014.
Stettler N, Bhatia J, Parish A, Stallings VA. Feeding healthy infants, children, and adolescents. In: Kliegman RM, Stanton BF, St. Geme JW III, Schor NF, Behrman RE, eds. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics , 19th ed.Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2011: chap 42.
Thedford K, Raj S. A vegetarian diet for weight management. J Am Diet Assoc . 2011; 111: 816-818.
United States Department of Agriculture. Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. Dietary Guidelines for Americans . 2010. National Academy Press, Washington, DC 2010.
BURNETTOWN SOUTH CAROLINA tspan:3m
BURNETTOWN SOUTH CAROLINA
Seven steps to keep your phone number when changing provider in BURNETTOWN SOUTH CAROLINA
With a simple phone call you can reach someone who has not contacted in a while. This is one reason why many people prefer to keep their telephone number when they change provider or telephone company.
You can keep your local phone number or mobile if it remains within the United States. But before finalizing any changes, you should follow some suggestions:
1. Verify that you have completed your contract , if you have one supplier. Otherwise, the current company may charge you a penalty.
2. Contact the new provider to start the transfer number.
3. Make sure the provider can keep your current phone number.
4. Verify that there are no additional charges for service change. If so, try to reach an agreement with the supplier.
5. Read through the terms and conditions of the new contract before signing.
6. Provide the new phone company your 10-digit number and any other required, as your customer account number, access code and your 5-digit zip code information.
7. Cancel the previous service after obtaining the service with your new provider. Try to do the day of your closing date to avoid monthly outstanding balance.
Note: You can also transfer a local phone number to a mobile phone, but this process can take longer. Check with your supplier before making the change.
What can you do if you have some problems to transfer your number
If the provider can not solve it, you can file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission by calling 1-888-225-5322 (English) 1-888-835-5322 (TTY for hearing impaired), or through Internet (in English).
This issue of keeping the phone number is known as Number Portability (keeping your number if you change providers).
What do you know about abuse of women in BURNETTOWN SOUTH CAROLINA ?
Click the red escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.
It can be hard to know if you´re being abused. You may think that your husband is allowed to make you have sex. That´s not true. Forced sex is rape, no matter who does it. You may think that cruel or threatening words are not abuse. They are. And sometimes emotional abuse is a sign that a person will become physically violent.
Below is a list of possible signs of abuse. Some of these are illegal. All of them are wrong. You may be abused if your partner:
- Monitors what you´re doing all the time
- Unfairly accuses you of being unfaithful all the time
- Prevents or discourages you from seeing friends or family
- Prevents or discourages you from going to work or school
- Gets very angry during and after drinking alcohol or using drugs
- Controls how you spend your money
- Controls your use of needed medicines
- Decides things for you that you should be allowed to decide (like what to wear or eat)
- Humiliates you in front of others
- Destroys your property or things that you care about
- Threatens to hurt you, the children, or pets
- Hurts you (by hitting, beating, pushing, shoving, punching, slapping, kicking, or biting)
- Uses (or threatens to use) a weapon against you
- Forces you to have sex against your will
- Controls your birth control or insists that you get pregnant
- Blames you for his or her violent outbursts
- Threatens to harm himself or herself when upset with you
- Says things like, "If I can´t have you then no one can."
If you think someone is abusing you, get help. Abuse can have serious physical and emotional effects. No one has the right to hurt you.
Return to top
Healthy vs. unhealthy relationships
Sometimes a relationship might not be abusive, but it might have some serious problems that make it unhealthy. If you think you might be in an unhealthy relationship, you should be able to talk to your partner about your concerns. If you feel like you can´t talk to your partner, try talking to a trusted friend, family member, or counselor. Consider calling a confidential hotline to get the support you need and to explore next steps. If you´re afraid to end the relationship, call a hotline for help.
Signs of an unhealthy relationship include:
- Focusing all your energy on your partner
- Dropping friends and family or activities you enjoy
- Feeling pressured or controlled a lot
- Having more bad times in the relationship than good
- Feeling sad or scared when with your partner
Signs of a healthy relationship include:
- Having more good times in the relationship than bad
- Having a life outside the relationship, with your own friends and activities
- Making decisions together, with each partner compromising at times
- Dealing with conflicts by talking honestly
- Feeling comfortable and able to be yourself
- Feeling able to take care of yourself
- Feeling like your partner supports you
If you feel confused about your relationship, a mental health professional can help. Remember, you deserve to be treated with respect.
Return to top
More information on Am I being abused?
Read more from womenshealth.gov
Explore other publications and websites
Connect with other organizations