Crosbyton High School
seniors honored at the
Texas Capitol. State
Senator Perry introduced
a resolution recognizing
the team that won the
high plains underground
contest. The student's
Crosbyton, Texas —
An Amber Alert has been
issued for a two-year-old
girl believed to have
been abducted, according
to Crosbyton Police
outside of Lubbock, say
they're searching for
Leah Marie Aguirre, who
has brown hair and
man has died in a
rollover on US 62/82 ...
Roads are treacherous,
avoiding travel is
recommended. Amarillo, TX
- Too many students and
not enough space are
causing concern for the
Canyon Independent School
District. Amarillo, TX -
Too many ...
– A Crosbyton man
died following a rollover
accident early Thursday
morning near Lorenzo.
According to the DPS, the
accident occurred along
U.S. Highways 62/82 one
mile west of Lorenzo at
1:20 a.m. A 2003 Toyota 4
Runner was traveling
Crosbyton; Zack Duncan,
Kerens; Garret Emmons,
Menard; Seth Hudson,
Mason; Garrett McCann,
Ganado; Adam Medina,
Quanah; Rans Mullins,
Gladwater Union Grove;
Kameron Smith, Ganado;
Brevin Wiggins, Blue
Ridge; Dane Williams
There is a
poetic passage in the
novel Friday Night Lights
in which author Buzz
Bussinger claims the real
New Years Day is the
start of Texas high
school football ...
thought for the South
Crosbyton and Seagraves
game was New Years
Deola Fox entered this
world on April 5, 1922 in
Crosbyton, Texas and
departed for her eternal
home 92 years later on
July 23, 2014.
relocated to Eastland
County when she was a
child and she later
Christina Orr of Denton
and Jordan Robert Kirk of
Crosbyton, Texas were
united in marriage on
July 13, 2013 at the
chapel of Denton Bible
Church in Denton, Texas.
The ceremony was
officiated by Bill Davis
of First Baptist Church
of Lubbock ...
say that they were coming
from all over the United
States to Crosbyton,
Texas," Hurt said. Hurt
is the Smith House owner,
cook and housekeeper -
you name it, he does it.
He's worked hard to
preserve the history in
each of the home's 13
bedrooms and ...
Crosbyton Police Chief
Greg Parrot confirmed to
KCBD at 3:38 p.m. that
FBI has found the dead
body of missing
2-year-old Leah Marie
Aguirre behind a home at
502 S. Ayrshire in
Crosbyton. The homeowner
is Matilda Almaraz who
was Leah's caregiver at
the time ...
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CROSBYTON
The city agains Asthma
If you or your child has asthma, you are not alone. About 23 million people in the United States suffer from asthma. Asthma is the leading cause of disease of long duration in children.
We are all responsible for protecting the conditions that determine a good level of health for our family and our community. Education is the basis for creating health-promoting environments for all.
At present, we have at our disposal a wealth of information about asthma. Hence, both the parents and the people who are caring for children play an important role in the transmission of knowledge, and changing lifestyle of the family.
Since the EPA is committed to educating all people about asthma, then you will find useful information that will help you more effectively control asthma.
What are the environmental factors that cause asthma?
Asthma can be triggered by allergens or irritants that are common in our homes.The most common factors are:
Asthma can be caused by smoke from a cigarette butt, pipe or cigar and also by the smoke exhaled by a smoker.
- Choose not to smoke in your home or car or allow others to do so.
Dust mites are too small to be seen with the naked eye, but are in every home.They live in mattresses, pillows, carpets, furniture fabric wallpaper, bedspreads, clothes and stuffed toys.
- Wash sheets and blankets weekly in hot water.
- Choose soft toys that are washable, and wash them often in hot water, drying them completely. Keep these toys off beds.
- Cover mattresses and pillows with covers that prevent the passage of dust (allergen impermeable) having a closure.
Skin flakes emerging from domestic animals, urine and saliva may trigger asthma.
Learn more at www.epa.gov/asthma/pets.html
- Consider keeping pets out of the house or finding a new home if necessary.
- Keep your pets all the time outside the bedroom or any other area that is used for sleeping and keep the doors shut.
- Keep pets off the furniture with tapestry fabric, carpets and stuffed toys.
Mold grows in damp places or materials. The key to mold control is moisture control. If mold is a problem in your home, clean and remove excess water or moisture. Reducing moisture also helps reduce other factors that cause asthma, such as cockroaches.
- Wash mold off hard surfaces and dry completely. Absorbents, such as tile roofs and carpets, if they rust, should probably be removed or replaced materials.
- Make any water leaks in the pipes and pipes and other sources of water supply.
- Keep drip pans in your refrigerator, air conditioner and dehumidifier environments, clean and dry.
- Use exhaust fans or open windows hold while cooking or when using the dishwasher.
- Use exhaust fans in the bathrooms while showering.
- Place the exhaust in a clothes dryer to the outside.
- Keep the humidity inside the house at a low level, 30 to 50 percent relative humidity. Humidity levels can be measured by hygrometers which can be purchased at hardware stores.
Droppings or excretions of cockroaches can trigger asthma.
If sprays are used:
- Do not leave food or garbage out environmental exposure.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Clean all food waste or spilled liquids immediately.
- First try to control cockroaches using poison baits, boric acid or traps before using pesticide sprays.
- Limit yourself to use only in infested areas.
- Carefully follow the instructions found on product labels.
- Ensure that enough fresh air when you spray and keep the person with asthma out of the home.
Preventing asthma attacks
. To make an asthma action plan, tips on how to manage asthma and get a copy of the popular activity book "Dusty the Goldfish".
- Step 1: Talk to your doctor about your child´s asthma. If your child has asthma or you think your child has this disease, take your child to a doctor.The doctor will work with you to ensure that your child has an asthma attack.
- Learn what causes asthma in your child.
- Identify your asthma triggers in your home are.
- Learn how to rid your home the factors that cause asthma.
- Know what your child should take medication.
- Step 2: Make a plan. Ask your doctor to help you create an individual action plan to control your child´s asthma. Work with your doctor to create a plan of action to help you learn how to prevent asthma attacks your child regularly.
- Step 3 - Make your home resistant asthma. The factors that cause asthma are part of our daily lives. Asthma attacks can be caused by mold growing on the shower curtain in the bathroom, dust mites living in blankets or blankets, the pillows and stuffed toys of your child. Learn more about the things that can cause an asthma attack and what you can do to eliminate them and keep your child healthy.
Tools Program Indoor Air Quality for Schools
EPA has developed a program of Air Quality Tools for Schools Interior to reduce exposure to environmental contaminants in them through the voluntary adoption of practices to manage indoor air quality.
The "program IAQ Tools for Schools
"is a detailed to help maintain a healthy environment in school buildings by identifying, correcting and preventing problems of air quality resource.Poor indoor air quality in schools can affect the comfort and health of students and staff, which in turn can affect concentration, attendance, and student performance. In addition, if the school takes to react promptly as poor air quality, students and staff are at increased risk of health problems in the short term, such as fatigue and nausea, as well as problems long-term health such as asthma. Read more about it and download or order a kit action " IAQ Tools for Schools ".
CROSBYTON TEXAS tspan:3m
Avoid using heart rate monitors or take fetal pictures of "remembrance"
Ultrasonography is the most widely used medical method for imaging the fetus during pregnancy.
Fetal fetal ultrasonography provides images in real time.The fetal heart rate monitors Doppler ultrasonic devices are handheld devices that allow one to hear the heartbeat of the fetus. Both are prescription devices designed for use by trained health professionals. They are not intended for sale or use nonprescription medications, and FDA censorship categorically use to take videos and pictures of fetal keepsake.
"Although there is no evidence that there is any damage as a result of the ultrasound images and heart rate monitors, it is important that prudent use of these devices by providers trained health becomes" warns Dr . Shahram Vaezy, PhD, a biomedical engineer at the FDA."Ultrasound can gently heating the tissue and in some cases also create tiny bubbles (cavitation) in some of them."
The long-term effects of heating and cavitation of tissue are unknown. Therefore, ultrasonography should be performed only when there is a medical need, backed by a recipe and trained technicians.
The fetal keepsake videos are controversial, because exposing the fetus to ultrasound brings no medical benefit.The FDA knows of several companies that sell ultrasound imaging in the United States to fetal keepsake videos.In some cases, be that the ultrasound machine used for up to an hour to record a video of the fetus.
Although the FDA recognizes that fetal images can help strengthen the bonds between parents and the unborn baby, such opportunities are provided routinely during prenatal care. In creating fetal keepsake videos, there is no control over how long it will last one sonographic sign, how many sessions will be held or ultrasound systems work well. Instead, explains Dr. Veazy, "the proper use of ultrasound equipment covered by a prescription, ensures that pregnant women receive professional care that contributes to your health and your baby".
Heart Rate Monitors Doppler ultrasound:
Similar concerns surrounding the sale and use of heart rate monitors Doppler ultrasound. These devices, which are used to hear the heartbeat of the fetus, are lawfully marketed as "medical devices prescription", and can only be used by a health professional or under the supervision of one.
"When the product is purchased without a prescription and used without consulting a health care professional who is attending to the pregnant woman, there is no oversight on how the device is used. In addition, it is expected that exposure has little or no medical benefit, "says Dr. Vaezy. "Furthermore, the number of sessions, or duration, for the images of a fetus lack of controls, and that increases the possibility that the fetus and, ultimately, the mother damaged".
In CROSBYTON: Understanding Links Between Smoking & Weight
Maybe you quit smoking to do something good for your health, and now you’ve noticed the pounds adding up on the scale. Or maybe one of the reasons you’re not quite ready to quit is that you’re afraid of gaining weight.
Here are some of the reasons why some people gain weight when they quit:
- Smoking lowers your appetite.
Smoking cigarettes makes you feel less hungry. So, when you quit smoking, you might feel hungrier and then eat more than you used to eat.
- Smoking increases your metabolism.
Smoking cigarettes increases your metabolism, so you burn more calories. So when you stop smoking, you may burn fewer calories which can lead to weight gain.
- Eating can be a substitute for smoking.
Smoking gave you something to do with your hands and something to put in your mouth. For a lot of people, food replaces cigarettes. And the more you reach for food, the more likely it is that you will gain weight.
- Eating may soothe the feelings that smoking used to soothe.
Maybe smoking was your go-to when you were feeling bad. When you stop smoking, you may find that you turn to eating to feel better or to deal with stressbut this can backfire and result in weight gain.
The good news is that you can take charge of your weight even while quitting smoking. Check out Forever Free for more info about smoking and weight.