HAMMONDVILLE, AL (WAFF) -
A man was killed in a
wreck in Hammondville on
Thursday morning. It
happened near Highway 117
at around 10:40 a.m.
Randall G. Pell, 54, of
Ider was killed when his
1994 Chevy overturned at
the 13.1 mile marker. It
appears that he ...
“The Writing on the
– Daniel is the
owner and operator of a
successful sawmill, and
thought he would be able
to run Big Jim’s
Bama Q in Hammondville,
Ala., when he purchased
it ten months ago. But
his inexperience and
naiveness in ...
– Months have
passed since celebrity
chef Robert Irvine from
the hit Food Network show
spent $10,000 to turn
around Big Jim's Bama Q
in Hammondville. Tonight,
fans of the small-town
eatery near historic
Alabama offers great
vacation house rental and
deals for the
No matter what budget or
level of comfort you seek
in your holiday to
Hammondville, AL, there's
surely a great local
vacation home ...
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR HAMMONDVILLE
Filing A Charge of Discrimination on HAMMONDVILLE
If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, you can file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with us before you can file a job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. In addition, an individual, organization, or agency may file a charge on behalf of another person in order to protect the aggrieved person´s identity. There are time limits for filing a charge.
Note: Federal employees and job applicants have similar protections, but a different complaint process.
If you file a charge, you may be asked to try to settle the dispute through mediation. Mediation is an informal and confidential way to resolve disputes with the help of a neutral mediator. If the case is not sent to mediation, or if mediation doesn´t resolve the problem, the charge will be given to an investigator.
If an investigation finds no violation of the law, you will be given a Notice of Right to Sue. This notice gives you permission to file suit in a court of law. If a violation is found, we will attempt to reach a voluntary settlement with the employer. If we cannot reach a settlement, your case will be referred to our legal staff (or the Department of Justice in certain cases), who will decide whether or not the agency should file a lawsuit. If we decide not to file a lawsuit, we will give you a Notice of Right to Sue.
In some cases, if a charge appears to have little chance of success, or if it is something that we don´t have the authority to investigate, we may dismiss the charge without doing an investigation or offering mediation.
Many states and local jurisdictions have their own anti-discrimination laws, and agencies responsible for enforcing those laws (Fair Employment Practices Agencies, or FEPAs). If you file a charge with a FEPA, it will automatically be "dual-filed" with EEOC if federal laws apply. You do not need to file with both agencies.
HAMMONDVILLE ALABAMA tspan:3m
Atention: "Every time you see someone promises you will lose weight without exercise, you know that the only thing you lose is your money"
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reported that at least four manufacturers -LeanSpa fashion formulas, L´Occitane, HCG Diet Direct and have engaged in misleading sensationalist propaganda. Companies, meanwhile, agreed to pay a combined $ 30 million to settle the matter.
The fine is not much for a business that moves each year between 60,000 million and 70,000 million dollars in a country where two thirds of the population are obese or overweight.
The FTC not only expects to collect that money to reimburse consumers who bought the fraudulent products but also called on newspapers, magazines, television stations and other media that suppress false or misleading propaganda.
"Every time you see someone promises you will lose weight without exercise, you know that the only thing you lose is your money," said a statement from the FTC. "Weight loss requires wise choices about the food."
About 100 million people "dieters" in the United States, easy and miraculous formulas have become even more popular since the years of the Great Recession.
Total spending on EE diets. UU. stagnated during the crisis and, in fact, it has not grown much since. Total revenues of the companies diets rose about 1.2% in 2012 and 2.6% in 2013, according to research firm MarketData markets.
What has changed is that more people are turning to the "fashionable formula"-usually a hodgepodge, fruit, grain or seed exótica- systems use less structured and more costly diets, the results are tested as WeightWatchers.
Over a year ago it became fashionable to extract green coffee beans, hailed as a miracle supplement for weight loss.
The investigation of the American Chemical Society on chlorogenic acid, the main ingredient in supplements of green coffee beans that soon went on sale in the "health food stores" showed that not contribute to weight loss and instead can make fatty deposits build up in the liver.
Another recent example of how quickly the exotic products gain public attention, and pay millions of dollars to doctors and dietitians who are promoted on popular television programs is Garcinia cambogia.
The extract of this fruit from Southeast Asia is promoted as a quick fix for excess weight, with no clinical studies to prove, without much time to use to determine their effects on people with certain health conditions.
On the other hand still has little popularity that the universal formula for losing excess weight, and to maintain healthy, remains a varied and moderate diet, along with an appropriate level of physical exercise. Ie consumption and expenditure necessary than consumed.
"It´s easy to make the resolution to lose weight and keep it is difficult," said Jessica Rich, director of the Office of Consumer Protection at the FTC. "And the odds of success just sprinkle something in the food, running a creamy thighs or using a ´supplement´ are between few and none."
Currently the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has given approval for only three compounds for weight loss, and these are suitable only for certain adults Belviq, Qsymia and Orilstat (sold without prescription under the name Alli) .
For Sensa is a powder which contains maltodextrin, tricalcium phosphate and siliceous as well as natural and artificial flavors, and that users spread on your meals.
The manufacturers claim in their propaganda that has been tested clinically an average weight loss of almost 14 pounds in six months, without dieting or exercise.
The FTC charged that Sensa Products, Inc. Sensa, Sensa´s chief executive, Adam Goldberg, and the creator of the formula, the doctor Alan Hirsch, making claims that are not supported by the evidence.
The FTC closed in December 2011 companies LeanSpa weight loss indicating that made false promises in its promotion of acai fruit and products for colon cleansing.
L´Occitane appeared on the market with a different approach: skin creams with names like Beautiful Shape and Almond Delight Almond Shaping the application, according to the propaganda, slim down the fats in about three inches in just four weeks.
HDG Diet Direct, meanwhile, sells a liquid form of chorionic gonadotropin produced by the human placenta, and as the propaganda has to be taken with a diet of less than 800 calories daily.
But "a very low calorie diet should only be used under proper medical supervision," the government notice.
In that warning the government argued that "HDG products sold without prescription have not proven to aid in weight loss and can be dangerous, even if administered according to the instructions.
The city agains Asthma
If you or your child has asthma, you are not alone. About 23 million people in the United States suffer from asthma. Asthma is the leading cause of disease of long duration in children.
We are all responsible for protecting the conditions that determine a good level of health for our family and our community. Education is the basis for creating health-promoting environments for all.
At present, we have at our disposal a wealth of information about asthma. Hence, both the parents and the people who are caring for children play an important role in the transmission of knowledge, and changing lifestyle of the family.
Since the EPA is committed to educating all people about asthma, then you will find useful information that will help you more effectively control asthma.
What are the environmental factors that cause asthma?
Asthma can be triggered by allergens or irritants that are common in our homes.The most common factors are:
Asthma can be caused by smoke from a cigarette butt, pipe or cigar and also by the smoke exhaled by a smoker.
- Choose not to smoke in your home or car or allow others to do so.
Dust mites are too small to be seen with the naked eye, but are in every home.They live in mattresses, pillows, carpets, furniture fabric wallpaper, bedspreads, clothes and stuffed toys.
- Wash sheets and blankets weekly in hot water.
- Choose soft toys that are washable, and wash them often in hot water, drying them completely. Keep these toys off beds.
- Cover mattresses and pillows with covers that prevent the passage of dust (allergen impermeable) having a closure.
Skin flakes emerging from domestic animals, urine and saliva may trigger asthma.
Learn more at www.epa.gov/asthma/pets.html
- Consider keeping pets out of the house or finding a new home if necessary.
- Keep your pets all the time outside the bedroom or any other area that is used for sleeping and keep the doors shut.
- Keep pets off the furniture with tapestry fabric, carpets and stuffed toys.
Mold grows in damp places or materials. The key to mold control is moisture control. If mold is a problem in your home, clean and remove excess water or moisture. Reducing moisture also helps reduce other factors that cause asthma, such as cockroaches.
- Wash mold off hard surfaces and dry completely. Absorbents, such as tile roofs and carpets, if they rust, should probably be removed or replaced materials.
- Make any water leaks in the pipes and pipes and other sources of water supply.
- Keep drip pans in your refrigerator, air conditioner and dehumidifier environments, clean and dry.
- Use exhaust fans or open windows hold while cooking or when using the dishwasher.
- Use exhaust fans in the bathrooms while showering.
- Place the exhaust in a clothes dryer to the outside.
- Keep the humidity inside the house at a low level, 30 to 50 percent relative humidity. Humidity levels can be measured by hygrometers which can be purchased at hardware stores.
Droppings or excretions of cockroaches can trigger asthma.
If sprays are used:
- Do not leave food or garbage out environmental exposure.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Clean all food waste or spilled liquids immediately.
- First try to control cockroaches using poison baits, boric acid or traps before using pesticide sprays.
- Limit yourself to use only in infested areas.
- Carefully follow the instructions found on product labels.
- Ensure that enough fresh air when you spray and keep the person with asthma out of the home.
Preventing asthma attacks
. To make an asthma action plan, tips on how to manage asthma and get a copy of the popular activity book "Dusty the Goldfish".
- Step 1: Talk to your doctor about your child´s asthma. If your child has asthma or you think your child has this disease, take your child to a doctor.The doctor will work with you to ensure that your child has an asthma attack.
- Learn what causes asthma in your child.
- Identify your asthma triggers in your home are.
- Learn how to rid your home the factors that cause asthma.
- Know what your child should take medication.
- Step 2: Make a plan. Ask your doctor to help you create an individual action plan to control your child´s asthma. Work with your doctor to create a plan of action to help you learn how to prevent asthma attacks your child regularly.
- Step 3 - Make your home resistant asthma. The factors that cause asthma are part of our daily lives. Asthma attacks can be caused by mold growing on the shower curtain in the bathroom, dust mites living in blankets or blankets, the pillows and stuffed toys of your child. Learn more about the things that can cause an asthma attack and what you can do to eliminate them and keep your child healthy.
Tools Program Indoor Air Quality for Schools
EPA has developed a program of Air Quality Tools for Schools Interior to reduce exposure to environmental contaminants in them through the voluntary adoption of practices to manage indoor air quality.
The "program IAQ Tools for Schools
"is a detailed to help maintain a healthy environment in school buildings by identifying, correcting and preventing problems of air quality resource.Poor indoor air quality in schools can affect the comfort and health of students and staff, which in turn can affect concentration, attendance, and student performance. In addition, if the school takes to react promptly as poor air quality, students and staff are at increased risk of health problems in the short term, such as fatigue and nausea, as well as problems long-term health such as asthma. Read more about it and download or order a kit action " IAQ Tools for Schools ".