Prior to conference play
starting Dec. 31, East
Carolina had won three of
four with home victories
over James Madison,
Florida A&M and UNC
TREE • Although he
hasn’t faced North
Carolina on the court
(he’s tried to set
7:45pm @ Clarkson/Leigh
Game 3 Clarkson/Leigh vs.
North Bend Central 6:00pm
Game 4 Wisner-Pilger vs.
Bryant is heading out on
a headlining club tour
starting this Friday,
January 30 in Wilmington,
North Carolina. The Take
HILL, N.C. (AP) —
Just about everything
worked for No. 13 North
Syracuse's zone defense
— once the Tar
Heels stopped throwing
the ball away. Brice
Johnson had 15 of his 17
points after halftime and
UNC shot 55 percent to
N.C. — Snow is
expected in the higher
elevations of some of the
North Carolina mountains
Watauga and Yancey
counties. Schools in
Madison County will open
two hours later than
usual because of the
threat of snow. Light
snow was reported
N.C. (AP) — Madison
Chock and Evan Bates won
their first national ice
dance title at the U.S.
Championships. Chock and
Bates held a slim lead
over Maia and Alex
Shibutani coming into
Saturday's free dance,
but they won easily
Madison Hubbell and
Zachary Donohue were
third with 65.43 points.
No. 15 Tar Heels lose
freshman Pinson to broken
left foot CHAPEL HILL,
N.C. (AP) - North
Carolina coach Roy
Williams says freshman
guard Theo Pinson has a
broken bone in his left
foot and ...
the filing, the state
received information that
Lawhorne removed the
ankle monitor and fled
Investigators believe he
is heading to North
Carolina where he started
a worm faming business
called WormzOrganic once
his Cypress ...
when the last of them was
built, close to 6,000
Rosenwald schools stood
throughout the South, 800
of them in North Carolina
alone. WHAT: Our Story
— This Place, an
exhibit devoted to
education in Madison
County, including the
Carolina commission found
there was enough evidence
A suspect is
behind bars, charged in a
home invasion Thursday
that left an 81-year-old
Madison Heights woman
dead and her son
Cable 2-7 2-3 7, Kathryn
Westbeld 2-5 4-4 8, Taya
Reimer 1-6 2-2 4, Mychal
Johnson 0-1 0-0 0, Hannah
Huffman 0-0 0-0 0,
Markisha Wright 0-0 0-0
0, TOTALS 31-62 22-30 89.
NORTH CAROLINA (79):
Stephanie Mavunga 5-15
2-2 13, Allisha Gray 4-13
10-10 20 ...
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR MADISON
The city agains Asthma
If you or your child has asthma, you are not alone. About 23 million people in the United States suffer from asthma. Asthma is the leading cause of disease of long duration in children.
We are all responsible for protecting the conditions that determine a good level of health for our family and our community. Education is the basis for creating health-promoting environments for all.
At present, we have at our disposal a wealth of information about asthma. Hence, both the parents and the people who are caring for children play an important role in the transmission of knowledge, and changing lifestyle of the family.
Since the EPA is committed to educating all people about asthma, then you will find useful information that will help you more effectively control asthma.
What are the environmental factors that cause asthma?
Asthma can be triggered by allergens or irritants that are common in our homes.The most common factors are:
Asthma can be caused by smoke from a cigarette butt, pipe or cigar and also by the smoke exhaled by a smoker.
- Choose not to smoke in your home or car or allow others to do so.
Dust mites are too small to be seen with the naked eye, but are in every home.They live in mattresses, pillows, carpets, furniture fabric wallpaper, bedspreads, clothes and stuffed toys.
- Wash sheets and blankets weekly in hot water.
- Choose soft toys that are washable, and wash them often in hot water, drying them completely. Keep these toys off beds.
- Cover mattresses and pillows with covers that prevent the passage of dust (allergen impermeable) having a closure.
Skin flakes emerging from domestic animals, urine and saliva may trigger asthma.
Learn more at www.epa.gov/asthma/pets.html
- Consider keeping pets out of the house or finding a new home if necessary.
- Keep your pets all the time outside the bedroom or any other area that is used for sleeping and keep the doors shut.
- Keep pets off the furniture with tapestry fabric, carpets and stuffed toys.
Mold grows in damp places or materials. The key to mold control is moisture control. If mold is a problem in your home, clean and remove excess water or moisture. Reducing moisture also helps reduce other factors that cause asthma, such as cockroaches.
- Wash mold off hard surfaces and dry completely. Absorbents, such as tile roofs and carpets, if they rust, should probably be removed or replaced materials.
- Make any water leaks in the pipes and pipes and other sources of water supply.
- Keep drip pans in your refrigerator, air conditioner and dehumidifier environments, clean and dry.
- Use exhaust fans or open windows hold while cooking or when using the dishwasher.
- Use exhaust fans in the bathrooms while showering.
- Place the exhaust in a clothes dryer to the outside.
- Keep the humidity inside the house at a low level, 30 to 50 percent relative humidity. Humidity levels can be measured by hygrometers which can be purchased at hardware stores.
Droppings or excretions of cockroaches can trigger asthma.
If sprays are used:
- Do not leave food or garbage out environmental exposure.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Clean all food waste or spilled liquids immediately.
- First try to control cockroaches using poison baits, boric acid or traps before using pesticide sprays.
- Limit yourself to use only in infested areas.
- Carefully follow the instructions found on product labels.
- Ensure that enough fresh air when you spray and keep the person with asthma out of the home.
Preventing asthma attacks
. To make an asthma action plan, tips on how to manage asthma and get a copy of the popular activity book "Dusty the Goldfish".
- Step 1: Talk to your doctor about your child´s asthma. If your child has asthma or you think your child has this disease, take your child to a doctor.The doctor will work with you to ensure that your child has an asthma attack.
- Learn what causes asthma in your child.
- Identify your asthma triggers in your home are.
- Learn how to rid your home the factors that cause asthma.
- Know what your child should take medication.
- Step 2: Make a plan. Ask your doctor to help you create an individual action plan to control your child´s asthma. Work with your doctor to create a plan of action to help you learn how to prevent asthma attacks your child regularly.
- Step 3 - Make your home resistant asthma. The factors that cause asthma are part of our daily lives. Asthma attacks can be caused by mold growing on the shower curtain in the bathroom, dust mites living in blankets or blankets, the pillows and stuffed toys of your child. Learn more about the things that can cause an asthma attack and what you can do to eliminate them and keep your child healthy.
Tools Program Indoor Air Quality for Schools
EPA has developed a program of Air Quality Tools for Schools Interior to reduce exposure to environmental contaminants in them through the voluntary adoption of practices to manage indoor air quality.
The "program IAQ Tools for Schools
"is a detailed to help maintain a healthy environment in school buildings by identifying, correcting and preventing problems of air quality resource.Poor indoor air quality in schools can affect the comfort and health of students and staff, which in turn can affect concentration, attendance, and student performance. In addition, if the school takes to react promptly as poor air quality, students and staff are at increased risk of health problems in the short term, such as fatigue and nausea, as well as problems long-term health such as asthma. Read more about it and download or order a kit action " IAQ Tools for Schools ".
MADISON NORTH CAROLINA tspan:3m
MADISON NORTH CAROLINA
How I can eat a healthy diet?
The body needs minerals, vitamins and other nutrients to stay healthy. A healthy diet means you are eating:
Vegetables, fruits, whole grains and non-fat dairy and low-fat
Fish, seafood, chicken or turkey, lean meats and low-fat, eggs, beans, peas (peas), seeds and nuts
Limit your intake of foods rich in:
Cholesterol, sodium (salt) and added sugar.
Fat trans: fats trans can be found in foods such as cakes (or cakes), cookies, margarine that comes in bars and fried foods.
Saturated fats: These fats are in animal products such as cheese, high-fat meats, whole milk and butter.
Refined grains: refined grain products include white bread, pasta, white rice and flour tortillas, among others.
Get a personalized diet plan to help you choose healthy foods
Having too much cholesterol in the blood can cause heart disease or heart attack. Approximately one in six people in the United States have high cholesterol. You may have high cholesterol and not know it. Good thing its easy to get tested for cholesterol, and if you go too high, you can take steps to control it.
Who should be tested for cholesterol?
Men who are 35 or more
Men under 35 who have heart disease or are at risk of suffering from
Women who have heart disease or are at risk of suffering from
Beans and peas are excellent sources of plant protein, and also provide other nutrients such as iron and zinc
Beans and peas are unique foods
Beans and peas are the mature forms of legumes. They include kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, lima beans, black-eyed peas, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), split peas and lentils. They are available in dry, canned, and frozen forms. These foods are excellent sources of plant protein, and also provide other nutrients such as iron and zinc. They are similar to meats, poultry, and fish in their contribution of these nutrients. Therefore, they are considered part of the Protein Foods Group. Many people consider beans and peas as vegetarian alternatives for meat. However, they are also considered part of the Vegetable Group because they are excellent sources of dietary fiber and nutrients such as folate and potassium. These nutrients, which are often low in the diet of many Americans, are also found in other vegetables.
Because of their high nutrient content, consuming beans and peas is recommended for everyone, including people who also eat meat, poultry, and fish regularly. The USDA Food Patterns classify beans and peas as a subgroup of the Vegetable Group. The USDA Food Patterns also indicate that beans and peas may be counted as part of the Protein Foods Group. Individuals can count beans and peas as either a vegetable or a protein food.
Green peas, green lima beans, and green (string) beans are not considered to be part of the beans and peas subgroup. Green peas and green lima beans are similar to other starchy vegetables and are grouped with them. Green beans are grouped with other vegetables such as onions, lettuce, celery, and cabbage because their nutrient content is similar to those foods.
How to count beans and peas in the USDA food patterns:
Generally, individuals who regularly eat meat, poultry, and fish would count beans and peas in the Vegetable Group. Vegetarians, vegans, and individuals who seldom eat meat, poultry, or fish would count some of the beans and peas they eat in the Protein Foods Group. Here´s an example for both ways:
Count the number of ounce-equivalents of all meat, poultry, fish, eggs, nuts, and seeds eaten.
If the total is equal to or more than the suggested intake from the Protein Foods Group (which ranges from 2 ounce-equivalents at 1000 calories to 7 ounce-equivalents at 2800 calories and above) then count any beans or peas eaten as part of the beans and peas subgroup in the Vegetable Group.OR
If the total is less than the suggested intake from the Protein Foods Group, then count any beans and peas eaten toward the suggested intake level until it is reached. (One-fourth cup of cooked beans or peas counts as 1 ounce equivalent in the Protein Foods Group.) After the suggested intake level in the Protein Foods Group is reached, count any additional beans or peas eaten as part of the beans and peas subgroup in the Vegetable Group.