Arizona State, 10 a.m.;
Northwest at Corban, 5:30
p.m.; Willamette at
Pacific, 6 p.m.; Oregon
State at Arizona, 7 p.m.
Greater Valley: McNary at
McMinnville, 7:15 p.m.;
Sprague at North Salem,
7:15 p.m.; West Salem at
West Albany, 7:15 p.m
stems from last year's
shooting death of Ronnie
McNary, 44. Police say
the victim kicked ...
Milke case on hold while
Arizona high court
considers appeal Milke
case on hold while
Arizona high court
considers appeal The case
Jim Irsay doesn't view
the arrest this week of
linebacker Josh McNary on
rape charges as a major
distraction for a team
heading into the AFC
Championship Game. That
can be debated on its
merits. But the Colts
owner can't deny it's
that the move comes after
McNary was arrested
Wednesday night on rape
and other ...
originally signed by the
Miami Dolphins as an
undrafted free agent out
of Arizona State on May
13, 2014 and was signed
by the Colts as a free
charges of rape ...
league expects to invite
about 100 free agents to
the Arizona combine. *
Lawyers for former
Patriots tight end Aaron
Hernandez asked that
prosecutors disclose any
inducements offered to
his fiancee to get her to
(AP) — The
Indianapolis Colts have
placed backup linebacker
Josh McNary on the
list. The decision comes
less than 24 hours after
McNary with rape,
criminal confinement with
bodily injury and battery
McNary has been with the
Colts for two seasons
after finishing ...
tweeted food by states -
study Most tweeted food
by states - study by
announced this morning
that linebacker Josh
McNary has been placed on
Exemption List. The team
signed wide receiver
Griff Whalen to the
active roster and
defensive end Gannon
Conway to the practice
(AP) — The
Indianapolis Colts put
Josh McNary on the
list Thursday, less than
24 hours after
prosecutors charged the
backup linebacker with
confinement with bodily
injury and battery
resulting in bodily
SHOULD ACT DECISIVELY AND
QUICKLY ON MCNARY Conway,
6-4, 280 pounds, re-joins
the Colts after he was
waived following the
preseason on August 30,
2014. He was originally
signed by the Miami
Dolphins as an undrafted
free agent out of Arizona
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR MCNARY
The city agains Asthma
If you or your child has asthma, you are not alone. About 23 million people in the United States suffer from asthma. Asthma is the leading cause of disease of long duration in children.
We are all responsible for protecting the conditions that determine a good level of health for our family and our community. Education is the basis for creating health-promoting environments for all.
At present, we have at our disposal a wealth of information about asthma. Hence, both the parents and the people who are caring for children play an important role in the transmission of knowledge, and changing lifestyle of the family.
Since the EPA is committed to educating all people about asthma, then you will find useful information that will help you more effectively control asthma.
What are the environmental factors that cause asthma?
Asthma can be triggered by allergens or irritants that are common in our homes.The most common factors are:
Asthma can be caused by smoke from a cigarette butt, pipe or cigar and also by the smoke exhaled by a smoker.
- Choose not to smoke in your home or car or allow others to do so.
Dust mites are too small to be seen with the naked eye, but are in every home.They live in mattresses, pillows, carpets, furniture fabric wallpaper, bedspreads, clothes and stuffed toys.
- Wash sheets and blankets weekly in hot water.
- Choose soft toys that are washable, and wash them often in hot water, drying them completely. Keep these toys off beds.
- Cover mattresses and pillows with covers that prevent the passage of dust (allergen impermeable) having a closure.
Skin flakes emerging from domestic animals, urine and saliva may trigger asthma.
Learn more at www.epa.gov/asthma/pets.html
- Consider keeping pets out of the house or finding a new home if necessary.
- Keep your pets all the time outside the bedroom or any other area that is used for sleeping and keep the doors shut.
- Keep pets off the furniture with tapestry fabric, carpets and stuffed toys.
Mold grows in damp places or materials. The key to mold control is moisture control. If mold is a problem in your home, clean and remove excess water or moisture. Reducing moisture also helps reduce other factors that cause asthma, such as cockroaches.
- Wash mold off hard surfaces and dry completely. Absorbents, such as tile roofs and carpets, if they rust, should probably be removed or replaced materials.
- Make any water leaks in the pipes and pipes and other sources of water supply.
- Keep drip pans in your refrigerator, air conditioner and dehumidifier environments, clean and dry.
- Use exhaust fans or open windows hold while cooking or when using the dishwasher.
- Use exhaust fans in the bathrooms while showering.
- Place the exhaust in a clothes dryer to the outside.
- Keep the humidity inside the house at a low level, 30 to 50 percent relative humidity. Humidity levels can be measured by hygrometers which can be purchased at hardware stores.
Droppings or excretions of cockroaches can trigger asthma.
If sprays are used:
- Do not leave food or garbage out environmental exposure.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Clean all food waste or spilled liquids immediately.
- First try to control cockroaches using poison baits, boric acid or traps before using pesticide sprays.
- Limit yourself to use only in infested areas.
- Carefully follow the instructions found on product labels.
- Ensure that enough fresh air when you spray and keep the person with asthma out of the home.
Preventing asthma attacks
. To make an asthma action plan, tips on how to manage asthma and get a copy of the popular activity book "Dusty the Goldfish".
- Step 1: Talk to your doctor about your child´s asthma. If your child has asthma or you think your child has this disease, take your child to a doctor.The doctor will work with you to ensure that your child has an asthma attack.
- Learn what causes asthma in your child.
- Identify your asthma triggers in your home are.
- Learn how to rid your home the factors that cause asthma.
- Know what your child should take medication.
- Step 2: Make a plan. Ask your doctor to help you create an individual action plan to control your child´s asthma. Work with your doctor to create a plan of action to help you learn how to prevent asthma attacks your child regularly.
- Step 3 - Make your home resistant asthma. The factors that cause asthma are part of our daily lives. Asthma attacks can be caused by mold growing on the shower curtain in the bathroom, dust mites living in blankets or blankets, the pillows and stuffed toys of your child. Learn more about the things that can cause an asthma attack and what you can do to eliminate them and keep your child healthy.
Tools Program Indoor Air Quality for Schools
EPA has developed a program of Air Quality Tools for Schools Interior to reduce exposure to environmental contaminants in them through the voluntary adoption of practices to manage indoor air quality.
The "program IAQ Tools for Schools
"is a detailed to help maintain a healthy environment in school buildings by identifying, correcting and preventing problems of air quality resource.Poor indoor air quality in schools can affect the comfort and health of students and staff, which in turn can affect concentration, attendance, and student performance. In addition, if the school takes to react promptly as poor air quality, students and staff are at increased risk of health problems in the short term, such as fatigue and nausea, as well as problems long-term health such as asthma. Read more about it and download or order a kit action " IAQ Tools for Schools ".
MCNARY ARIZONA tspan:3m
In MCNARY: Understanding Links Between Smoking & Weight
Maybe you quit smoking to do something good for your health, and now you’ve noticed the pounds adding up on the scale. Or maybe one of the reasons you’re not quite ready to quit is that you’re afraid of gaining weight.
Here are some of the reasons why some people gain weight when they quit:
- Smoking lowers your appetite.
Smoking cigarettes makes you feel less hungry. So, when you quit smoking, you might feel hungrier and then eat more than you used to eat.
- Smoking increases your metabolism.
Smoking cigarettes increases your metabolism, so you burn more calories. So when you stop smoking, you may burn fewer calories which can lead to weight gain.
- Eating can be a substitute for smoking.
Smoking gave you something to do with your hands and something to put in your mouth. For a lot of people, food replaces cigarettes. And the more you reach for food, the more likely it is that you will gain weight.
- Eating may soothe the feelings that smoking used to soothe.
Maybe smoking was your go-to when you were feeling bad. When you stop smoking, you may find that you turn to eating to feel better or to deal with stressbut this can backfire and result in weight gain.
The good news is that you can take charge of your weight even while quitting smoking. Check out Forever Free for more info about smoking and weight.
Exercise at any age is vital for healthy bones and is essential for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
Exercise not only improves bone health, it also increases muscle strength, coordination and balance and helps improve overall health.
Why do you exercise?
Bones, like muscles, are living tissue that responds to exercise by becoming stronger. In general, women and young men who exercise regularly reach a higher bone density (the highest level of consistency and strength of bones) than those who do not exercise. Most people reach peak bone density between 20 and 30 years old. From that age usually bone density begins to decrease. Women and men over age 20 can help prevent bone loss hacienda exercise frequently. The exercise allows us to maintain muscle strength, coordination and balance, which in turn helps prevent falls and fractures. This is especially important for older adults and people who have been diagnosed with osteoporosis.
The best exercise to strengthen bones
The best exercise for your bones is required weight-bearing. This type of exercise makes you strive to work against gravity. Examples of these exercises include weight lifting, walking, hiking, jogging, stair climbing, tennis and dance. In contrast, exercises that do not require weight-bearing include swimming and cycling. While these exercises help strengthen and maintain strong muscles and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, are not the most effective in strengthening bones.
If you have health problems such as heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes or obesity, or if you are 40 years old or more, consult your doctor before you start exercising regularly. According to the Surgeon General, the optimal goal is to exercise for at least 30 minutes most days; preferably daily.
Pay attention to your body. When starting an exercise routine, you may have some pain and discomfort in the muscles, but should not be painful or last more than 48 hours. If this occurs, you may be working too hard and need to slow down. Stop exercising if you feel any pain or discomfort in the chest and talk to your doctor before your next workout.
If you have osteoporosis, it is important to ask your doctor what activities are safe for you. If you have low bone density, experts recommend that the column is protected and avoiding exercises or activities that cause bending or twisting of the back. Moreover, should avoid high-impact exercise to reduce the risk of breaking a bone. You can also consult with an exercise specialist to teach you the proper progression of their activities, to stretch and strengthen muscles safely, and correct bad posture habits. An exercise specialist should have a degree in exercise physiology, physical education, physiotherapy or similar specialty. Be sure to ask if you are familiar with the special needs of people with osteoporosis.
A comprehensive system to combat osteoporosis
Remember, exercise is only part of a regimen for the prevention or treatment of osteoporosis. Like a diet rich in calcium and vitamin D, exercise helps strengthen bones at any age. But it is possible that good nutrition and exercise are not enough to stop the loss of bone density caused by medical conditions, menopause or certain habits such as the use of snuff and excessive consumption of alcohol. It is important to talk to your doctor about your bone health. Ask if you are a candidate for a bone density test. If densitometry shows low bone mass, ask what medications may help maintain healthy bones and fight osteoporosis.