teenager, the 89-year-old
resident and Navy veteran
cheated death several ...
the most dramatic
instance happened in 1944
when Matush said shipmate
Tony Rusiner, of
Washington, Pa., saved
his life as they docked
near a Phillipine
Class A boys’
basketball programs spent
10 as some teams
moved up while others
went in the opposite
direction. Moving up were
Catholic, Bishop Carroll,
Stroudsburg and St. John
scored it heavily in
favor of Vasquez. Two had
it 99-91, while another
went 100-90, per
Showtime: A native of
had the home-field
advantage heading into
the bout. As if that
wasn't enough to get the
Vasquez (18-0, 13 KO) of
continued his move
contention on Friday
night at the CONSOL
Energy Center in
with a unanimous
ten-round decision over
33-year old ...
(AP) - A 92-year-old
woman has died in a
house fire. The
coroner identified the
victim as Martha Johnson.
neighbors tried to help
Johnson escape her
burning home in Monessen
the folks at Castle Blood
announced their Halfway
to Halloween event, held
at the Castle in
Monessen, PA on the first
weekend in May. With the
cancellation of National
MONESSEN (KDKA) – A
92-year-old woman was
killed in a Thursday
morning house fire in
According to officials,
the fire broke out at a
home on Reed Avenue
around 10:30 a.m.
Parents in a
district are turning 50
shades of red over word
search puzzles given to
middle school students
based on an erotic novel
and movie. The students
in Monessen were
National Convention has
selected Philadelphia to
host its 2016 hootenanny.
Now if only it would
select a suitable
candidate. I suggest one
of these highly relevant
James Carter got a look
at the word puzzle his
son said he received in
his eighth-grade class
Monday, he was shocked.
MONESEEN, Penn. —
Administrators at a
school are investigating
how a group of students
ended up with a
“Fifty Shades of
Grey” themed word
Carter got a look at the
word puzzle his son said
he received in his
Monday, he was shocked.
(KDKA) — It’s
a sexually graphic book
that’s about to hit
the big screen. But
Shades of Grey”
even debuts; it’s
already affecting a group
of people too young to
even see it.
Monessen School District
is investigating a
purported incident in
which middle school
students received from a
school employee a word
search puzzle containing
Monessen kids explore
Army Capt. Brandy Mason
walks with a limp and
deals daily with back
going to be there for the
rest of my …
Monessen Army officer,
wounded in Fort Hood
shooting, in line for
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR MONESSEN
What do you know about abuse of women in MONESSEN PENNSYLVANIA ?
Click the red escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.
It can be hard to know if you´re being abused. You may think that your husband is allowed to make you have sex. That´s not true. Forced sex is rape, no matter who does it. You may think that cruel or threatening words are not abuse. They are. And sometimes emotional abuse is a sign that a person will become physically violent.
Below is a list of possible signs of abuse. Some of these are illegal. All of them are wrong. You may be abused if your partner:
- Monitors what you´re doing all the time
- Unfairly accuses you of being unfaithful all the time
- Prevents or discourages you from seeing friends or family
- Prevents or discourages you from going to work or school
- Gets very angry during and after drinking alcohol or using drugs
- Controls how you spend your money
- Controls your use of needed medicines
- Decides things for you that you should be allowed to decide (like what to wear or eat)
- Humiliates you in front of others
- Destroys your property or things that you care about
- Threatens to hurt you, the children, or pets
- Hurts you (by hitting, beating, pushing, shoving, punching, slapping, kicking, or biting)
- Uses (or threatens to use) a weapon against you
- Forces you to have sex against your will
- Controls your birth control or insists that you get pregnant
- Blames you for his or her violent outbursts
- Threatens to harm himself or herself when upset with you
- Says things like, "If I can´t have you then no one can."
If you think someone is abusing you, get help. Abuse can have serious physical and emotional effects. No one has the right to hurt you.
Return to top
Healthy vs. unhealthy relationships
Sometimes a relationship might not be abusive, but it might have some serious problems that make it unhealthy. If you think you might be in an unhealthy relationship, you should be able to talk to your partner about your concerns. If you feel like you can´t talk to your partner, try talking to a trusted friend, family member, or counselor. Consider calling a confidential hotline to get the support you need and to explore next steps. If you´re afraid to end the relationship, call a hotline for help.
Signs of an unhealthy relationship include:
- Focusing all your energy on your partner
- Dropping friends and family or activities you enjoy
- Feeling pressured or controlled a lot
- Having more bad times in the relationship than good
- Feeling sad or scared when with your partner
Signs of a healthy relationship include:
- Having more good times in the relationship than bad
- Having a life outside the relationship, with your own friends and activities
- Making decisions together, with each partner compromising at times
- Dealing with conflicts by talking honestly
- Feeling comfortable and able to be yourself
- Feeling able to take care of yourself
- Feeling like your partner supports you
If you feel confused about your relationship, a mental health professional can help. Remember, you deserve to be treated with respect.
Return to top
More information on Am I being abused?
Read more from womenshealth.gov
Explore other publications and websites
Connect with other organizations
MONESSEN PENNSYLVANIA tspan:3m
Domestic violence in MONESSEN PENNSYLVANIA
Does your partner ever
> Embarrass you with put-downs?
> Control what you do, who you see or talk to or where you go?
> Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
> Push you, slap you, choke you or hit you?
> Stop you from seeing your friends or family members?
> Control the money in the relationship? Take your money or Social Security check, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
> Make all of the decisions?
> Tell you that youre a bad parent or threaten to take away your children?
> Prevent you from working or attending school?
> Act like the abuse is no big deal, deny the abuse or tell you its your own fault?
> Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
> Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
> Attempt to force you to drop criminal charges?
> Threaten to commit suicide, or threaten to kill you?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, you may be in an unhealthy or abusive relationship. Dont hesitate to chat or call to 1-800-799-SAFE if anything you read raises a red flag about your own relationship or that of someone you know.
For over 17 years, the National Domestic Violence Hotline has been the vital link to safety for women, men, children and families affected by domestic violence. With the help of our dedicated advocates and staff, we respond to calls 24/7, 365 days a year.
We provide confidential, one-on-one support to each caller and chatter, offering crisis intervention, options for next steps and direct connection to sources for immediate safety. Our database holds over 5,000 agencies and resources in communities all across the country. Bilingual advocates are on hand to speak with callers, and our Language Line offers translations in 170+ different languages.
The Hotline is an excellent source of help for concerned friends, family, co-workers and others seeking information and guidance on how to help someone they know. We work to educate communities all over through events, campaigns, and dynamic partnerships with companies ranging from The Avon Foundation to Verizon. Today, The Hotline is continuing to grow and explore new avenues of service.
Found Unclaimed Money in MONESSEN PENNSYLVANIA
What Is Unclaimed Money?
If the government owes you money and you do not collect it, then its unclaimed. This can also happen with banks, credit unions, pensions, and other sources.
Beware of unclaimed money scams. There are people who pretend to be the government and offer to send you unclaimed money for a fee. Government agencies will not call you about unclaimed money or assets. Learn how to spot these types of scams.
Where to Look for Unclaimed Money
Currently, the government does not have one website for finding unclaimed money by name, Social Security number, or state. To find it, youll need to visit each site separately and perform a search.
States Unclaimed Money
Search by State
– Search your states listing of unclaimed funds and property.
Banking, Investments, and Currency
– Search the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) for unclaimed funds from failed financial institutions.
Credit Union Failures
– Find unclaimed deposits from credit unions.
SEC Claims Funds
– The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) lists enforcement cases where a company or person owes investors money.
– The Treasury Department will exchange mutilated or damaged U.S. currency.
– If you had an FHA-insured mortgage, you may be eligible for a refund from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
– U.S. nationals can find money owed to them from foreign governments after loss of property.
Back to Top