at the Department of
Energy’s (DOE) Oak
Ridge National Laboratory
(ORNL) have discovered a
new method to control
friction in ionic solids
at the nanoscale using
ambient water vapor and
Friction affects motion
and hence ...
much anticipated matchup
on the regular season
finale of the Bright
House Sports Network Game
of the Week, the fourth
ranked Oak Ridge Pioneers
knocked off the top
ranked Evans Trojans,
83-81 in double overtime.
In front of a capacity
crowd at Oak ...
The teachers at
Oak Ridge Christian
Learning Academy like to
tell parents, “At
ELA we don’t always
play with our food but
when we do we
learn.” Learning at
the early age focuses a
lot on the fine and large
motor skills along with
First Academy, Windermere
Prep ranked in 3A boys
Osceola and Oviedo are
included in 7A boys
basketball rankings. Lake
Minneola remains No. 1 in
6A state basketball
rankings. Evans, Oak
Ridge and Ocoee are
ranked No. 1 and 2
Here is the calendar of
meetings of the Oak Ridge
City Council and boards
and commissions for
February 2015: If you
support Oak Ridge Today,
please consider becoming
a voluntary subscriber.
You don't have to
subscribe to read our
stories, but your
NASHVILLE — An Oak
Ridge police officer must
have felt awkward when he
tried pulling over a blue
Ford Explorer traveling
88 mph and learned the
driver was his own police
chief. According to a
complaint that now former
Bayless filed ...
OAK RIDGE (WATE) –
Parents in Oak Ridge are
voicing their concerns
about a decision
involving a preschool.
WATE 6 On Your Side has
been following the story
about some of the
problems the building
faces that could
jeopardize its Head Start
funding for months.
RIDGE — City
Manager Mark Watson has
overruled a disciplinary
action sought by Police
Chief James T. Akagi
against a police officer
who says Akagi's efforts
were "a direct personal
attempt to humiliate and
diminish my moral
Ridge Winery is
operating winery, founded
in 1934 as a winemaking
cooperative of local
growers. When winegrower
Rudy Maggio and his
partners Don and Rocky
Reynolds purchased Oak
Ridge Winery in 2001 they
In 2013, the
legendary country act Oak
Ridge Boys was
celebrating the 40th
anniversary of its
current lineup. And with
the new year the
band’s good fortune
doesn’t seem to be
waning. At least,
that’s how it feels
for veteran member Joe
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR OAK RIDG
City service: tips to get pregnant
Trick 1: Find out when you"re ovulating
The biggest secret to get pregnant right away is to know exactly when you are
ovulating, ie, when one of their two ovaries are releasing an egg. Think of this egg like a target, and imagine the sperm like arrows:. For you to get pregnant, one of the arrows have to hit the target there are several methods to help you discover if you are in the fertile period. One of them is our ovulation calculator. Read more about how your menstrual cycle works. But if you notice that your periods have been very irregular in recent months, may be more difficult to identify ovulation. See what other methods to detect ovulation and consult your doctor to know better how to proceed.
Trick 2: Be in the right place at the right time
Once you know the date of ovulation, prepare (and list your partner) to have sex
during your most fertile days. You can get three days before and continuing until after the expected date of ovulation. (Start a little earlier also does not hurt; some women achieved pregnancy having sex until six days before ovulation.) As the sperm survive in your body for a few days, you have a good length of time to try to conceive. This means that if you have intercourse on a Monday, the sperm will stay in her reproductive system, waiting for an egg, until Thursday. Or up to Sunday in some cases. But remember, your egg only survives for about a day. If you do not know when ovulation will occur, follow the good old rule of having sex every other day. So, every day you will have a stock of healthy sperm waiting in the fallopian tube, ready to spring into action when the egg appears. (If you and your partner want to have sex more often than that, no problems. But know that it does not will increase or decrease your chances of getting pregnant). Another tip: if for some reason you are waiting to go into action during the time of ovulation, do not let this happen after a long fast. Your partner needs to ejaculate at least once before the fertile period, but there may be an accumulation of dead sperm in the semen, and they do not serve to conceive a baby.
Trick 3: Remain lying down after sex
For a long time, scientists had no evidence that the woman stay lying down for a while after sex help the sperm to reach the egg. But, in 2009, Dutch researchers found that, in a fertility clinic in Amsterdam, women remained lying on his back for 15 minutes after artificial insemination were 50% more likely to become pregnant than those that remained standing after the procedure. You can not prove that the same probability applies to sexual intercourse, but the study shows that lie can help the sperm to do their part. And anyway, does not hurt to try. It is not necessary to stay with her ??legs up, just lying on her side is enough.
Trick 4: Enjoy this time of expectation
If you hurry to get pregnant, you may end up feeling too anxious about it. This is normal, but the truth is that the chances are greater if you are not stressed. This is because the hypothalamus - the gland in the brain that regulates hormones ovulation. - Does not work so well when you"re nervous, causing her body to end ovulating later or even not release an egg that cycle therefore try maximum to enjoy this phase and all this "lot" of carefree sex. Make sex fun - instead of just thinking about making a baby - you can even increase your chances of getting pregnant. And if you"re thinking of ways to spice things up, good news: there is not a position that is better than the other to get pregnant. All are equally effective.
Trick 5: Prepare the ground for superespermatozoides
Sperm are more likely to fertilize an as healthier, stronger and egg are plentiful. There are several ways to help your partner improve sperm quality:
The sooner your partner adopt these changes, the better. New sperm can take up to three months to produce.
- Cut Alcohol (drink daily studies show that may reduce testosterone levels, lower sperm count and increasing the number of defective cells).
- Declare war on smoking (smoking can reduce the quality of sperm).
- Eat more foods rich in zinc, folic acid, calcium and vitamins C and D (they help produce many strong and fast sperm).
- Avoiding hot and sauna baths, since the heat eliminates sperm (testes work best at a temperature between 34.4 and 35 degrees Celsius, slightly less than normal body temperature). Stay long with the laptop on the lap increases the temperature of the testes, as well as riding a bike too.
Trick 6: Make sure you also
Your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and a baby are higher if your
body and your life are ready for the task. Before you start trying to conceive, see your gynecologist or general practitioner to see if all is well with your ovulation and if their immunizations are up to date. You will also greatly help if you reduce or cut the consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking cessation and drugs. All these substances interfere negatively on your fertility and are also dangerous to the fetus. Consider the hypothesis also cut out caffeine. Some studies show that women who take more than one or two cups of coffee a day are less likely becoming pregnant.
Based in babycenter.com
OAK RIDGE tspan:3m
Health insurance on OAK RIDG
Young adults have several options to get coverage through the insurance market.
Find out if you are eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. You may be eligible for registration under the Special Enrollment Period unknowingly. If your student medical coverage you finished, you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period that will allow you to purchase a health plan through the Insurance Market. You might also grant a Special Enrollment Period if you get married or porced, have a child or adopt a child, moving to another area, and not old enough to be on the safe parent or have in your life some other event eligible to do so.
Find out how to request coverage for Medicaid
. You can enroll in Medicaid or the Childrens Health Insurance Program (CHIP) at any time of year. If you qualify you can now register.
You can get coverage from their parents plan until age 26, even if married, not living with their parents or dependent on them economically. After age 26, you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
These plans are an affordable way to protect yourself from the high costs of the worst cases, such as an accident or serious illness. If you are under 30, you can purchase a catastrophic plan coverage. Served three visits per year before you have paid the deductible and certain preventive services
The city agains Asthma
If you or your child has asthma, you are not alone. About 23 million people in the United States suffer from asthma. Asthma is the leading cause of disease of long duration in children.
We are all responsible for protecting the conditions that determine a good level of health for our family and our community. Education is the basis for creating health-promoting environments for all.
At present, we have at our disposal a wealth of information about asthma. Hence, both the parents and the people who are caring for children play an important role in the transmission of knowledge, and changing lifestyle of the family.
Since the EPA is committed to educating all people about asthma, then you will find useful information that will help you more effectively control asthma.
What are the environmental factors that cause asthma?
Asthma can be triggered by allergens or irritants that are common in our homes.The most common factors are:
Asthma can be caused by smoke from a cigarette butt, pipe or cigar and also by the smoke exhaled by a smoker.
- Choose not to smoke in your home or car or allow others to do so.
Dust mites are too small to be seen with the naked eye, but are in every home.They live in mattresses, pillows, carpets, furniture fabric wallpaper, bedspreads, clothes and stuffed toys.
- Wash sheets and blankets weekly in hot water.
- Choose soft toys that are washable, and wash them often in hot water, drying them completely. Keep these toys off beds.
- Cover mattresses and pillows with covers that prevent the passage of dust (allergen impermeable) having a closure.
Skin flakes emerging from domestic animals, urine and saliva may trigger asthma.
Learn more at www.epa.gov/asthma/pets.html
- Consider keeping pets out of the house or finding a new home if necessary.
- Keep your pets all the time outside the bedroom or any other area that is used for sleeping and keep the doors shut.
- Keep pets off the furniture with tapestry fabric, carpets and stuffed toys.
Mold grows in damp places or materials. The key to mold control is moisture control. If mold is a problem in your home, clean and remove excess water or moisture. Reducing moisture also helps reduce other factors that cause asthma, such as cockroaches.
- Wash mold off hard surfaces and dry completely. Absorbents, such as tile roofs and carpets, if they rust, should probably be removed or replaced materials.
- Make any water leaks in the pipes and pipes and other sources of water supply.
- Keep drip pans in your refrigerator, air conditioner and dehumidifier environments, clean and dry.
- Use exhaust fans or open windows hold while cooking or when using the dishwasher.
- Use exhaust fans in the bathrooms while showering.
- Place the exhaust in a clothes dryer to the outside.
- Keep the humidity inside the house at a low level, 30 to 50 percent relative humidity. Humidity levels can be measured by hygrometers which can be purchased at hardware stores.
Droppings or excretions of cockroaches can trigger asthma.
If sprays are used:
- Do not leave food or garbage out environmental exposure.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Clean all food waste or spilled liquids immediately.
- First try to control cockroaches using poison baits, boric acid or traps before using pesticide sprays.
- Limit yourself to use only in infested areas.
- Carefully follow the instructions found on product labels.
- Ensure that enough fresh air when you spray and keep the person with asthma out of the home.
Preventing asthma attacks
. To make an asthma action plan, tips on how to manage asthma and get a copy of the popular activity book "Dusty the Goldfish".
- Step 1: Talk to your doctor about your child´s asthma. If your child has asthma or you think your child has this disease, take your child to a doctor.The doctor will work with you to ensure that your child has an asthma attack.
- Learn what causes asthma in your child.
- Identify your asthma triggers in your home are.
- Learn how to rid your home the factors that cause asthma.
- Know what your child should take medication.
- Step 2: Make a plan. Ask your doctor to help you create an individual action plan to control your child´s asthma. Work with your doctor to create a plan of action to help you learn how to prevent asthma attacks your child regularly.
- Step 3 - Make your home resistant asthma. The factors that cause asthma are part of our daily lives. Asthma attacks can be caused by mold growing on the shower curtain in the bathroom, dust mites living in blankets or blankets, the pillows and stuffed toys of your child. Learn more about the things that can cause an asthma attack and what you can do to eliminate them and keep your child healthy.
Tools Program Indoor Air Quality for Schools
EPA has developed a program of Air Quality Tools for Schools Interior to reduce exposure to environmental contaminants in them through the voluntary adoption of practices to manage indoor air quality.
The "program IAQ Tools for Schools
"is a detailed to help maintain a healthy environment in school buildings by identifying, correcting and preventing problems of air quality resource.Poor indoor air quality in schools can affect the comfort and health of students and staff, which in turn can affect concentration, attendance, and student performance. In addition, if the school takes to react promptly as poor air quality, students and staff are at increased risk of health problems in the short term, such as fatigue and nausea, as well as problems long-term health such as asthma. Read more about it and download or order a kit action " IAQ Tools for Schools ".