Matthew and Tara Lehigh
of Uhrichsville, Ohio
celebrated their 25th
anniversary on July 7,
2015. The couple married
on July 7, 1990 at
Church by Pastor Bill
Baldwin. Matt is the son
of Michael and Tena
Lehigh of Uhrichsville
— Bertha E.
Grinnell Ellwood, 87, of
passed away Monday, June
8, 2015, after a lengthy
illness. She was born
Feb. 22, 1928, a daughter
of Alfred P. and Kathryn
E. (Anthony) Grinnell.
She spent the first half
of her ...
— A crash in
Coralville on Thursday
started with a chase in
Wilton and ended with
charges for an Ohio
woman. According to Iowa
State Patrol criminal
Jammie V. Castillo, of
Uhrichsville, Ohio, has
been charged with
UHRICHSVILLE, Ohio - Nine
students were suspended
for bringing airsoft guns
to school and firing them
at fellow classmates.
According to Claymont
Rocchi, the incident
occurred in the Claymont
High School ...
Ohio -- Sherry Byrd, a
Harrison County woman,
who witnessed flooding
like she's never seen in
her front yard, caught
the whole thing on video
and posted it on
Facebook. "We just come
out and the water was
rising and it kept going
higher and ...
earthquakes have been
attributed to fracking in
Ohio before ...
approximately two miles
below three horizontal
gas wells near the town
of Uhrichsville, Ohio.
The researchers say they
detected 190 tiny
earthquakes below one of
those wells ...
Ohio -- Officials with
the Uhrichsville Police
information regarding a
relationship between a
Claymont Jr. High School
teacher and a juvenile
Officials say the suspect
was reported ...
identified the first
earthquakes on Oct. 2,
2013, locating them south
of Clendening Lake near
the town of Uhrichsville,
Ohio. A subsequent
analysis identified 190
earthquakes during a
39-hour period on
Oszust, age 84, of
passed away on Friday,
March 14, 2014, at
Community Hospice House
in New Philadelphia,
following a lengthy
illness. Born on October
6, 1929, at Duncan Wood,
Ohio, Mike is the son of
the late Michael G.
Uhrichsville, Ohio offers
great vacation house
rental and home
rental-by-owner deals for
traveler. No matter what
budget or level of
comfort you seek in your
holiday to Uhrichsville,
OH, there's surely a
great local vacation home
Livestock Marketer Ray
Roth Passes ROTH RAYMOND
G. ROTH, 93, of
Marblehead, OH., died
Saturday, July 25, 2015
at Otterbein North Shore.
He was born March 26,
1922 in Uhrichsville,
OH., the …
Book Review of Share
Jesus Without Fear EVAN
Evangelism By Deena
Robertson July 26 2015
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR UHRICHSVILLE
The Guardian and a warning to UHRICHSVILLE OHIO: Jehovah´s Witnesses´ silencing techniques, as terrifying as child abuse
Growing up in a Jehovahs Witness family is different. As a child, I didnt celebrate birthdays, Christmas or July 4. Nor did I, or anyone I knew, mix with non-Witness families in Little League or Girl Scouts. Instead, I spent much of my time sharing the good news. I used to go door-to-door on my own with a big, strong, well liked man in my congregation, named Jonathan. I was just 9 and 10 when he repeatedly sexually abused me.
It is really hard for kids to speak up when theyre abused. But the Jehovahs Witnesses make it a lot harder.
They have a 2 Witness rule, which says that anyone who accuses an adult of abuse must have a second witness. If there is no second witness, the accuser is punished for a false accusation - usually by ordering that no Witness may talk with or associate with the false accuser. This is called dis-fellowshipping. For a kid raised only with other Witnesses, it was horrifying. Even your parents would have to ignore you. It was more terrifying than Jonathan.
It was the elders of my congregation who had assigned Jonathan to team up with me. When we separated from the others, he forced me into his pick-up truck and drove us to his house. Then he would say Lets play. It happened too many times. Like everyone else in the congregation, my parents liked Brother Jonathan and trusted him in our family.
My parents were consumed with some really huge problems in those years, and later divorced. I was emotionally alone - and wanted to be the best Jehovahs Witness I could be. Thats why I went out to field service - the door to door ministry that Witnesses are known for.
What my parents didnt know, was that Jonathan had sexually molested another girl in our congregation. The elders knew this and had kept it a secret. They were following orders from Watchtower leaders, based in the world headquarters in New York, who in 1989 had issued a top-secret instruction to keep known child sex abusers in the congregations a secret. This instruction became Exhibit 1 at my civil trial.
The elders and the Governing Body all knew that child molesters hide in religious groups and often are people who are likeable and friendly - like Jonathan. They knew molesters would likely do it again. But they chose to ignore the safety of the kids, in favor of protecting their image - and their bank account - from lawsuits. It was all in that 1989 letter.
A recent report by the Center for Investigative Reporting revealed that they have continued to issues directives urging silence around child abuse. Last November, elders were instructed to avoid taking criminal matters like child abuse to the authorities. Instead, they were told to handle them internally in confidential committees. The report also showed that Jehovahs Witnesses evoke the First Amendment to hide sex abuse claims.
It took me learning about Jonathans other victims for me to speak up. In 2009, I looked on Californias Megans Law website, the states official list of registered sex offenders. There, I found he had been convicted a few years before for sexually abusing another 8-year-old girl. I felt horribly guilty that I hadnt spoken up about him earlier. Now, I need to stop predators from doing this again.
The only way to end this abuse is by lifting this veil of secrecy once and for all.
UHRICHSVILLE OHIO tspan:3m
What do you know about abuse of women in UHRICHSVILLE OHIO ?
Click the red escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.
It can be hard to know if you´re being abused. You may think that your husband is allowed to make you have sex. That´s not true. Forced sex is rape, no matter who does it. You may think that cruel or threatening words are not abuse. They are. And sometimes emotional abuse is a sign that a person will become physically violent.
Below is a list of possible signs of abuse. Some of these are illegal. All of them are wrong. You may be abused if your partner:
- Monitors what you´re doing all the time
- Unfairly accuses you of being unfaithful all the time
- Prevents or discourages you from seeing friends or family
- Prevents or discourages you from going to work or school
- Gets very angry during and after drinking alcohol or using drugs
- Controls how you spend your money
- Controls your use of needed medicines
- Decides things for you that you should be allowed to decide (like what to wear or eat)
- Humiliates you in front of others
- Destroys your property or things that you care about
- Threatens to hurt you, the children, or pets
- Hurts you (by hitting, beating, pushing, shoving, punching, slapping, kicking, or biting)
- Uses (or threatens to use) a weapon against you
- Forces you to have sex against your will
- Controls your birth control or insists that you get pregnant
- Blames you for his or her violent outbursts
- Threatens to harm himself or herself when upset with you
- Says things like, "If I can´t have you then no one can."
If you think someone is abusing you, get help. Abuse can have serious physical and emotional effects. No one has the right to hurt you.
Return to top
Healthy vs. unhealthy relationships
Sometimes a relationship might not be abusive, but it might have some serious problems that make it unhealthy. If you think you might be in an unhealthy relationship, you should be able to talk to your partner about your concerns. If you feel like you can´t talk to your partner, try talking to a trusted friend, family member, or counselor. Consider calling a confidential hotline to get the support you need and to explore next steps. If you´re afraid to end the relationship, call a hotline for help.
Signs of an unhealthy relationship include:
- Focusing all your energy on your partner
- Dropping friends and family or activities you enjoy
- Feeling pressured or controlled a lot
- Having more bad times in the relationship than good
- Feeling sad or scared when with your partner
Signs of a healthy relationship include:
- Having more good times in the relationship than bad
- Having a life outside the relationship, with your own friends and activities
- Making decisions together, with each partner compromising at times
- Dealing with conflicts by talking honestly
- Feeling comfortable and able to be yourself
- Feeling able to take care of yourself
- Feeling like your partner supports you
If you feel confused about your relationship, a mental health professional can help. Remember, you deserve to be treated with respect.
Return to top
More information on Am I being abused?
Read more from womenshealth.gov
Explore other publications and websites
Connect with other organizations
Register now and request your ballots for the year in UHRICHSVILLE OHIO
The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) registers you to vote, and acts as a request for your State absentee ballots for the year. It is important to complete a new FPCA annually, every time you move or at least 90 days prior to the election you want to vote in.
Completing a new FPCA is easy at FVAP.gov:
- Select your State from the drop-down on the home page
- Click the box at the bottom of the page to Register to Vote, Request a Ballot or Update My Voter Info
- The FVAP online tool will walk you through the form, and provide you with a PDF packet to print, sign and send directly to your local election official (LEO); links are also provided here for States that offer online voter registration
- You can check the status of your registration and/or ballot request by contacting your LEO at any time
Remember, the only way your LEO knows how to reach you is with the information you provide! Some States allow a longer time between registrations, but if you submit a new FPCA every year, you wont have to worry about your registration or ballot request status and can participate in all the elections* you´re eligible to.
* While there are no regularly scheduled elections for Federal offices, there may be some elections for office which are vacated by the end of the term. Being registered ensures you will be able to participate in these elections.
If you experience any issues or have questions, FVAPs call center is available at 1-800-438-VOTE (8683), DSN 425-1584 or at email@example.com. Toll-free phone numbers from 67 countries are listed at FVAP.gov. Find us on Facebook at /DoDFVAP and follow @FVAP on Twitter.
PDF version of FVAP Voter Alert #1