biggest scam on voters
since the Florida Lottery
was approved by the
Legislature last month,
and the author of much of
it was none other than
state Sen. Alan Hays,
R-Umatilla. Folks who
aren't new to the state
remember that the lottery
was approved by ...
OCALA — A
woman who died in a
single-vehicle crash in
early May was drunk and
speeding at the time of
her death, according to a
Florida Highway Patrol
minimum speed the
woman was driving was 85
mph, well above ...
produced 14.7 million
pounds of honey worth
beekeepers got a boost in
2012 when Scott signed a
law, sponsored by state
Sen. Alan Hays,
R-Umatilla, giving the
Department of Agriculture
sole jurisdiction over
where hives can ...
George Thayer, 34, of
Lake Placid, passed away
Friday, June 12, 2015, in
Umatilla, Florida. He was
born at Saranac Lake
General Hospital on July
5, 1980. He graduated
from Shawnee High School
in Medford, New Jersey,
in 1999. He had worked in
started with nine men on
the island, but it did
not take long for that
number to be reduced to
eight. Chris, from
Umatilla, FL, like Josh
Chavez before him, spent
a long night fearing the
around the ...
of Umatilla, Fla.,
formerly of New Palestine
She and Jim moved
permanently to Florida in
1994, where they served
faithfully at Victory
Baptist Church in Eustis.
She is survived by her
children, Marsha (&
Phil) Crist of
of environmental groups
sued the Florida
Legislature in Circuit
Court in Tallahassee ...
In a statement last
Friday, Senator Alan
Hays, R-Umatilla, said
great care to implement
the provisions of the
Water and Land
Junk yards in
Umatilla, FL are now
parts to consumers
through the Get Your Part
website online at
ida. Consumers in Florida
who buy vehicle
components on the
Internet will now be able
Florida who buy vehicle
components on the
Internet will now be able
to shop locally through
website. New parts
suppliers that include
junk yards in Umatilla,
FL are part of the
network that is providing
former Florida Elks
Children's Hospital in
Umatilla is being reborn
as a luxury drug-rehab
center designed to
attract celebrities and
other affluent clients
from throughout the
Southeast. The Recovery
Village, which will have
its grand opening Tuesday
FOLLOWING PURSUIT IN
UMATILLA COUNTY News
Release from Oregon State
Police - Statewide Posted
on FlashAlert: June 30th,
2015 6:42 PM On Tuesday,
June 30th, 2015 at
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR UMATILLA
Take Action to Improve Your Financial Situation in UMATILLA FLORIDA
By Katie Bryan, America Saves Communications Director.
America Saves Week, February 24
March 1, 2014, is a time to review your finances, decide what you want to
save for, and set up a system that will allow you to save automatically. Thats
why the America Saves Week theme is Set
a Goal. Make a Plan. Save Automatically. Did you know that only half of
Americans report having good savings habits? Even if you are already saving,
its good to take a look at your goals and decide if you can save more or start
a new savings goal. Join thousands of others who are pledging to pay down
debt, save money, and take financial action during America Saves Week.
Not sure what to
save for or what to save for next? Here are the most popular saving goals
of those who have pledged to save through America Saves:
· Save for Emergencies - Only 37 percent
of low-to-moderate income households have a savings or money market account at
a bank or credit union and nearly a quarter of savers who have pledged to save
have chosen emergency savings as their first wealth-building goal. Learn
· Save for Education - Saving for
education is the second most popular goal savers select when they pledge to
save with America Saves. There are many different things to factor in when
saving and paying for college. Learn
· Pay Down Debt - Getting out of debt is the #3 goal
Savers select when they pledge to save. That does not come as a surprise since
a 2012 survey found that 45% of families
with annual incomes under $50,000 rely on credit cards to pay for basic needs
such as rent, utilities, insurance and food. Learn
· Save for a Home - For decades, home ownership has
been the main path to wealth for most Americans. Today, home equity - the
market value of a home minus the balance on any home loans - represents more
than four-fifths of the typical family’s wealth. Learn
· Save for Retirement - Retirement
savings is a top priority for many Savers. Saving for retirement now will
ensure that you have enough money to maintain a comfortable standard of living
when you stop or reduce the amount of hours you work. Learn
Not sure how to
save for your goals? Here are some saving strategies to help:
· Save Automatically - The easiest and
most effective way to save is automatically. This is how millions of Americans
save at their bank or credit union, and how millions of employees save through
401(k) and other retirement programs at work. Learn more.
· Save at Tax Time - Do you spend weeks eagerly
anticipating your tax refund? When the money finally comes in, is it gone
tomorrow? Many people view tax refunds as unplanned bonuses. They see the money
as a gift from the government, to use for splurges or treats. But a tax refund
provides the opportunity to improve your financial situation. Learn
the America Saves Pledge (or re-pledge) today to set your savings goal and
make a plan to save. When you take the pledge you can also choose to receive
text message tips and reminders to help you save for your goal. And dont
forget to follow America Saves on Facebook
America Saves Week is coordinated
by America Saves and the American Savings
Education Council. Started in 2007, the Week is an annual opportunity for
organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for inpiduals to
assess their own saving status
UMATILLA FLORIDA tspan:3m
What do you know about abuse of women in UMATILLA FLORIDA ?
Click the red escape button above to immediately leave this site if your abuser may see you reading it.
It can be hard to know if you´re being abused. You may think that your husband is allowed to make you have sex. That´s not true. Forced sex is rape, no matter who does it. You may think that cruel or threatening words are not abuse. They are. And sometimes emotional abuse is a sign that a person will become physically violent.
Below is a list of possible signs of abuse. Some of these are illegal. All of them are wrong. You may be abused if your partner:
- Monitors what you´re doing all the time
- Unfairly accuses you of being unfaithful all the time
- Prevents or discourages you from seeing friends or family
- Prevents or discourages you from going to work or school
- Gets very angry during and after drinking alcohol or using drugs
- Controls how you spend your money
- Controls your use of needed medicines
- Decides things for you that you should be allowed to decide (like what to wear or eat)
- Humiliates you in front of others
- Destroys your property or things that you care about
- Threatens to hurt you, the children, or pets
- Hurts you (by hitting, beating, pushing, shoving, punching, slapping, kicking, or biting)
- Uses (or threatens to use) a weapon against you
- Forces you to have sex against your will
- Controls your birth control or insists that you get pregnant
- Blames you for his or her violent outbursts
- Threatens to harm himself or herself when upset with you
- Says things like, "If I can´t have you then no one can."
If you think someone is abusing you, get help. Abuse can have serious physical and emotional effects. No one has the right to hurt you.
Return to top
Healthy vs. unhealthy relationships
Sometimes a relationship might not be abusive, but it might have some serious problems that make it unhealthy. If you think you might be in an unhealthy relationship, you should be able to talk to your partner about your concerns. If you feel like you can´t talk to your partner, try talking to a trusted friend, family member, or counselor. Consider calling a confidential hotline to get the support you need and to explore next steps. If you´re afraid to end the relationship, call a hotline for help.
Signs of an unhealthy relationship include:
- Focusing all your energy on your partner
- Dropping friends and family or activities you enjoy
- Feeling pressured or controlled a lot
- Having more bad times in the relationship than good
- Feeling sad or scared when with your partner
Signs of a healthy relationship include:
- Having more good times in the relationship than bad
- Having a life outside the relationship, with your own friends and activities
- Making decisions together, with each partner compromising at times
- Dealing with conflicts by talking honestly
- Feeling comfortable and able to be yourself
- Feeling able to take care of yourself
- Feeling like your partner supports you
If you feel confused about your relationship, a mental health professional can help. Remember, you deserve to be treated with respect.
Return to top
More information on Am I being abused?
Read more from womenshealth.gov
Explore other publications and websites
Connect with other organizations
Having a vegetarian diet in UMATILLA FLORIDA
A vegetarian diet is a meal plan consisting mostly of plants such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, seeds and nuts. A vegetarian diet has little or no animal products.
Types of vegetarian diets include:
- Vegan: Diet consists of only foods herbal.
- Lacto-vegetarian: Diet consists of plant foods plus some or all dairy products.
- Lacto-ovovegetarian: Diet consists of plant foods, dairy products and eggs.
- Semi- or partial vegetarian: Diet consists of plant foods and may include chicken or fish, dairy products and eggs. It does not include red meat.
A well-planned vegetarian diet can provide good nutrition. A vegetarian diet often helps to have better health.Eating a vegetarian diet can help you:
Compared to those who are not vegetarians, vegetarians usually eat:
- Reduce the likelihood of obesity.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Fewer calories from fat (especially saturated fat).
- Fewer calories overall.
- More fiber, potassium and vitamin C.
By following a vegetarian diet, consider the following:
- Eat different foods, including vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, whole grains and dairy products and eggs if your diet includes.
- Cut back on foods that are high in fat, sugar and salt (sodium).
- No redress the lack of a nutrient overeating other. For example, do not eat much rich fat cheese to replace meat.
- Instead, choose protein sources that are low in fat, such as beans.
- If necessary, take supplements if your diet lacks certain vitamins and minerals.
- Learn to read the nutrition label on food packages. The label lists the ingredients and nutritional content of the food product.
- If you follow a restricted diet, you may want to work with a nutritionist to ensure you´re getting enough nutrients.
Lacto-ovo vegetarian; Semi-; Lacto; Partial vegetarian; Vegan
American Dietetic Association. Position of the American Dietetic Association: Vegetarian diets. J Am Diet Assoc . 2009; 109: 1266-1282.
Craig WJ. Nutrition Concerns and health effects of vegetarian diets. Nutr Clin Pract . 2010; 25: 613-620.
National Institutes of Health. Office of Dietary Supplements. Dietary Supplement Fact Sheets. Available at: ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/list-all. Accessed November 11, 2014.
Stettler N, Bhatia J, Parish A, Stallings VA. Feeding healthy infants, children, and adolescents. In: Kliegman RM, Stanton BF, St. Geme JW III, Schor NF, Behrman RE, eds. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics , 19th ed.Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2011: chap 42.
Thedford K, Raj S. A vegetarian diet for weight management. J Am Diet Assoc . 2011; 111: 816-818.
United States Department of Agriculture. Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. Dietary Guidelines for Americans . 2010. National Academy Press, Washington, DC 2010.