Wright, a 6-foot-5,
240-pound defensive end
from Waycross, Ga.,
team Sunday. Wright was
one of three players to
commit to UVa this
linebacker Eric Gallon
and Jacksonville ...
Biomass in Waycross, said
utilization chief at the
Commission in a telephone
interview. Most of the
Georgia plants rely on
sawmill by-products, tree
branches and other waste
wood, Willard said.
“With the advent of
weekend continued Sunday
as the Cavaliers picked
up commitment No. 21 for
their 2015 class. Steven
Wright, a 6-foot-4,
235-pound defensive end
from Waycross, Georgia,
gave his pledge to
Ware County (Waycross,
GA) senior Steven Wright
verbally committed to the
University of Virginia
confirmed. Wright, a
235-pound defensive end,
pledged to the Hoos while
on Grounds on an official
visit this weekend.
defensive end from Ware
County High in Waycross,
Ga., became U.Va.’s
21 st commitment for its
2015 recruiting class,
Wahoos247.com. He joins
linebacker Eric Gallon
and defensive end Naji
Abdullah, both of whom
was a mutual love of
blues that first brought
Booth into the orbit of
the Stones in 1968. A
native of Waycross, Ga.,
he fit easily into the
Stones' circle when he
came to London as a
journalist and covered
Brian Jones' final drug
trial. "English people
Johnson Jamieson, 53, of
Hahira, died Thursday,
Jan. 22, 2015, at her
home. She was born in
Waycross, Ga., on Aug. 8,
1961, to the late John
Henry and Doris Cato
Johnson and had lived in
Hahira for several years.
Mrs. Jamieson was a
member of the ...
Fragrance Sale to benefit
Southeast Georgia Health
System, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Wednesday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
System’s Gift Shop,
2415 Parkwood Drive,
survived by her sons,
Robert R. Myers and his
wife, Karen, of Waycross,
Georgia, and David L.
Myers and his wife,
Becky, of Pipe Creek;
daughters, Carol A.
Cobler and her husband,
Richard, of Pipe Creek,
and Virginia K. Myers of
Azle; and ...
Most areas had a brutal
breeze that made it feel
like about 5 to 10 below
zero. Our friends in
Waycross, Georgia had a
low of 3 degrees.
All-time low temperature
records were also set in
Charlotte, North Carolina
at -5 and Macon, Georgia
at a bone-chilling
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR WAYCROSS
The city agains Asthma
If you or your child has asthma, you are not alone. About 23 million people in the United States suffer from asthma. Asthma is the leading cause of disease of long duration in children.
We are all responsible for protecting the conditions that determine a good level of health for our family and our community. Education is the basis for creating health-promoting environments for all.
At present, we have at our disposal a wealth of information about asthma. Hence, both the parents and the people who are caring for children play an important role in the transmission of knowledge, and changing lifestyle of the family.
Since the EPA is committed to educating all people about asthma, then you will find useful information that will help you more effectively control asthma.
What are the environmental factors that cause asthma?
Asthma can be triggered by allergens or irritants that are common in our homes.The most common factors are:
Asthma can be caused by smoke from a cigarette butt, pipe or cigar and also by the smoke exhaled by a smoker.
- Choose not to smoke in your home or car or allow others to do so.
Dust mites are too small to be seen with the naked eye, but are in every home.They live in mattresses, pillows, carpets, furniture fabric wallpaper, bedspreads, clothes and stuffed toys.
- Wash sheets and blankets weekly in hot water.
- Choose soft toys that are washable, and wash them often in hot water, drying them completely. Keep these toys off beds.
- Cover mattresses and pillows with covers that prevent the passage of dust (allergen impermeable) having a closure.
Skin flakes emerging from domestic animals, urine and saliva may trigger asthma.
Learn more at www.epa.gov/asthma/pets.html
- Consider keeping pets out of the house or finding a new home if necessary.
- Keep your pets all the time outside the bedroom or any other area that is used for sleeping and keep the doors shut.
- Keep pets off the furniture with tapestry fabric, carpets and stuffed toys.
Mold grows in damp places or materials. The key to mold control is moisture control. If mold is a problem in your home, clean and remove excess water or moisture. Reducing moisture also helps reduce other factors that cause asthma, such as cockroaches.
- Wash mold off hard surfaces and dry completely. Absorbents, such as tile roofs and carpets, if they rust, should probably be removed or replaced materials.
- Make any water leaks in the pipes and pipes and other sources of water supply.
- Keep drip pans in your refrigerator, air conditioner and dehumidifier environments, clean and dry.
- Use exhaust fans or open windows hold while cooking or when using the dishwasher.
- Use exhaust fans in the bathrooms while showering.
- Place the exhaust in a clothes dryer to the outside.
- Keep the humidity inside the house at a low level, 30 to 50 percent relative humidity. Humidity levels can be measured by hygrometers which can be purchased at hardware stores.
Droppings or excretions of cockroaches can trigger asthma.
If sprays are used:
- Do not leave food or garbage out environmental exposure.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Clean all food waste or spilled liquids immediately.
- First try to control cockroaches using poison baits, boric acid or traps before using pesticide sprays.
- Limit yourself to use only in infested areas.
- Carefully follow the instructions found on product labels.
- Ensure that enough fresh air when you spray and keep the person with asthma out of the home.
Preventing asthma attacks
. To make an asthma action plan, tips on how to manage asthma and get a copy of the popular activity book "Dusty the Goldfish".
- Step 1: Talk to your doctor about your child´s asthma. If your child has asthma or you think your child has this disease, take your child to a doctor.The doctor will work with you to ensure that your child has an asthma attack.
- Learn what causes asthma in your child.
- Identify your asthma triggers in your home are.
- Learn how to rid your home the factors that cause asthma.
- Know what your child should take medication.
- Step 2: Make a plan. Ask your doctor to help you create an individual action plan to control your child´s asthma. Work with your doctor to create a plan of action to help you learn how to prevent asthma attacks your child regularly.
- Step 3 - Make your home resistant asthma. The factors that cause asthma are part of our daily lives. Asthma attacks can be caused by mold growing on the shower curtain in the bathroom, dust mites living in blankets or blankets, the pillows and stuffed toys of your child. Learn more about the things that can cause an asthma attack and what you can do to eliminate them and keep your child healthy.
Tools Program Indoor Air Quality for Schools
EPA has developed a program of Air Quality Tools for Schools Interior to reduce exposure to environmental contaminants in them through the voluntary adoption of practices to manage indoor air quality.
The "program IAQ Tools for Schools
"is a detailed to help maintain a healthy environment in school buildings by identifying, correcting and preventing problems of air quality resource.Poor indoor air quality in schools can affect the comfort and health of students and staff, which in turn can affect concentration, attendance, and student performance. In addition, if the school takes to react promptly as poor air quality, students and staff are at increased risk of health problems in the short term, such as fatigue and nausea, as well as problems long-term health such as asthma. Read more about it and download or order a kit action " IAQ Tools for Schools ".
WAYCROSS GEORGIA tspan:3m
Capital to small businesses and entrepreneurs in WAYCROSS
The U.S. Treasury Departments State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) today released a new Quarterly Report detailing how the program continues to help small businesses grow and create jobs. Since the beginning of the program, the Treasury Department has disbursed more than $1.1 billion to participating states.
Through the State Small Business Credit Initiative, the Treasury Department, states, and private sector lenders and investors are supporting small businesses and creating a lasting impact on the economy, said Clifton Kellogg, Director of the SSBCI program. More than $1 billion in State Small Business Credit Initiative funds have been distributed, making a real difference at the local level. Because of these funds, businesses have been able to buy new equipment, expand their facilities, and hire workers.
Small businesses and entrepreneurs need capital to build their businesses, and SSBCI is designed to help spur new private sector lending or investment in small companies by leveraging private capital along with the federal support offered by the program. Through SSBCI, the Treasury Department will award nearly $1.5 billion to state programs across the country that support small businesses, including small manufacturers. SSBCI funding is not repaid by participating states to the federal government. Instead, to help even more small businesses, repaid loans and investments remain with participating states to be redeployed locally. The SSBCI Quarterly Report shows that as of September 2014, participating states have recycled more than $60 million to support additional investments.
States have made considerable progress in deploying these funds to support economic growth locally. The states that have deployed the most SSBCI funds by percentage of allocation include: North Dakota (Mandan Consortium), Idaho, Arkansas, Colorado, Montana, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Michigan, Kansas, and Alabama. The states that have deployed the most SSBCI funds by dollar amount include: California, Michigan, Florida, Illinois, Alabama, North Carolina, Texas, New York, Ohio, and Georgia.
SSBCI was created when President Obama signed into law the Small Business Jobs Act on September 27, 2010. The Treasury Department awarded allocations to all fifty states by early 2012, based on a formula set by the Small Business Jobs Act that considered population and unemployment levels. Each state designs its own small business programs, and five types of programs are eligible for SSBCI funds: Capital Access Programs, Loan Guarantee Programs, Loan Participation Programs, Collateral Support Programs, and Venture Capital Programs. In the SSBCI 2013 Annual Report business owners reported that more than 95,000 jobs will be created or saved as a direct result of SSBCI support.
A new brand of smartphones defy Samsung and Apple
We know that Samsung is the largest manufacturer in the world of smart phones, and Apple is number two. But, do you have any idea who is the third largest is?
¿Lenovo? ¿LG? Nokia nosing? ¿Sony? No, no, no and no. It is a Chinese company called Xiaomi.
If you´ve never heard of Xiaomi, you can soon do it.
Xiaomi raised 1,100 million dollars in funding from some of the most powerful players in the high tech industry. That gives the company a value of $ 45,000 million - larger than LG, Motorola and Sony together. Xiaomi is now the new world´s most valuable company, even more than Uber, Airbnb and Pinterest.
Xiaomi is also the smartphone maker´s fastest growing company. Its sales soared 211% to more than 17 million smartphones in the third quarter of 2014 - a little less than half the number of iPhones that Apple sold, according to IDC.
Xiaomi participation in the market more than doubled to just over 5%. A year ago, was only 2% of the market.
The smartphone maker in China rose so fast with that focused on China and some nearby high-growth countries. Xiaomi is now the number two brand smartphones in China (behind only Samsung), and recently began selling phones in Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, Thailand and Turkey.
Xiaomi arrived in growth markets by storm, offering super low price phones online sales only. The magnificent smartphone E4 company debuted in August, designed to be at home the iPhone killer. Its design almost exactly like the iPhone, helps.
The company has a unique business model: not even about making money with their phones $ 130, which sells at cost. Most of the proceeds from the sale of accessories and applications.
Xiaomi also has a knack for marketing, advertising campaigns have attracted a massive group of very loyal fans in China.
"We will strive to continually bring innovation to everyone, with a goal of producing high-quality, high-performance devices with great user experience," said Bin Lin, founder of Xiaomi, in a Facebook message Monday . "In January 2015, we will launch our next flagship device".
The big question for Xiaomi is whether it can grow beyond the countries where it already sells phones. For example, could Xiaomi shake the US smartphone market, which is dominated by Samsung and Apple?
Chinese manufacturers of smartphones have not exactly been welcome in the United States. None of the major national competitors Xiaomi -Lenovo, Yulong and Huawei- have made no progress in America.
For most of the past decade, Nokia was the world leader in sales of cell phones without a significant presence in the United States. LG, Sony and many others have found international success, but failed to gain traction on US soil.
Xiaomi has no plans to sell phones in the United States. But when that day comes, he will face his greatest challenge.
David Goldman , CNNMoney