— The Wertz
Warriors are mounting
their snowmobiles and
departing on their annual
fundraising ride around
Michigan Feb. 1 ...
stop for the evening at
the Quality Inn Hotel in
West Branch, and then
depart in the morning
from the West Branch
the United States Census
Bureau, the township has
a total area of 34.7
square miles (89.8
km²), of which, 34.2
square miles (88.5
km²) of it is land
and 0.5 square miles (1.3
km²) of it (1.47%)
is water. There were 978
households out of
BRANCH– The West
Branch Post of the
Michigan State Police
serves the counties of
Arenac, Iosco, Gladwin
and Ogemaw. In 2014,
seven new troopers joined
the post. The post also
created a Community
Service Trooper position
to increase our community
Red Hawks posted a 4-1
record to place second.
They earned wins over
Lansing Everett (42-37),
West Branch Ogemaw
Heights (45-33), Swartz
Creek (46-35) and Bay
City John Glenn (51-3).
Wyatt Cickson and Blake
Lebioda each went 5-0,
while Darren Dickson
West Branch man was
seriously hurt when he
was hit by a car while
County home is both
stylish and efficient. In
this update -- Northern
Michigan's News has
learned the University of
Michigan fraternity that
trashed a Northern
He was a
defensive end out of West
Branch and fell for Penn
State with its small-town
feel, like his hometown,
and a player culture that
felt different than his
other visits. "It was a
pretty big deal because
Michigan and Michigan
BRANCH, MI — Meet
the top two graduates
from Ogemaw Heights High
Rayann Reid and
Richards. Ogemaw Heights'
graduation ceremony takes
place at 11 a.m.
Saturday, June 14, at the
school, 960 S. M-33, West
made headlines this month
when she decided to join
Ogemaw Heights High
court, despite being
nominated as a joke. Many
people around West
Branch, as well as across
the country, praised her
courage and ...
Lumberjack Competition at
the Grandstands ($8.00
adult, $5.00 10yrs and
under, pre-school free)
7:30pm Butch Heath and
Country Reunion Band with
a Veteran’s Tribute
at 8 pm in the Pavillion
- Free 1, 3:30 and 6pm
Acting Up Theater Company
in front ...
right now in West Branch
Michigan, is the annual
Bike Week ...
great bikes, great food
and good times to be had
for all ages. It is held
at the Ogemaw County
Fairgrounds found off of
Rifle River Trail. The
fairgrounds who host
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR WEST BRANCH OGEMAW
City service: tips to get pregnant
Trick 1: Find out when you"re ovulating
The biggest secret to get pregnant right away is to know exactly when you are
ovulating, ie, when one of their two ovaries are releasing an egg. Think of this egg like a target, and imagine the sperm like arrows:. For you to get pregnant, one of the arrows have to hit the target there are several methods to help you discover if you are in the fertile period. One of them is our ovulation calculator. Read more about how your menstrual cycle works. But if you notice that your periods have been very irregular in recent months, may be more difficult to identify ovulation. See what other methods to detect ovulation and consult your doctor to know better how to proceed.
Trick 2: Be in the right place at the right time
Once you know the date of ovulation, prepare (and list your partner) to have sex
during your most fertile days. You can get three days before and continuing until after the expected date of ovulation. (Start a little earlier also does not hurt; some women achieved pregnancy having sex until six days before ovulation.) As the sperm survive in your body for a few days, you have a good length of time to try to conceive. This means that if you have intercourse on a Monday, the sperm will stay in her reproductive system, waiting for an egg, until Thursday. Or up to Sunday in some cases. But remember, your egg only survives for about a day. If you do not know when ovulation will occur, follow the good old rule of having sex every other day. So, every day you will have a stock of healthy sperm waiting in the fallopian tube, ready to spring into action when the egg appears. (If you and your partner want to have sex more often than that, no problems. But know that it does not will increase or decrease your chances of getting pregnant). Another tip: if for some reason you are waiting to go into action during the time of ovulation, do not let this happen after a long fast. Your partner needs to ejaculate at least once before the fertile period, but there may be an accumulation of dead sperm in the semen, and they do not serve to conceive a baby.
Trick 3: Remain lying down after sex
For a long time, scientists had no evidence that the woman stay lying down for a while after sex help the sperm to reach the egg. But, in 2009, Dutch researchers found that, in a fertility clinic in Amsterdam, women remained lying on his back for 15 minutes after artificial insemination were 50% more likely to become pregnant than those that remained standing after the procedure. You can not prove that the same probability applies to sexual intercourse, but the study shows that lie can help the sperm to do their part. And anyway, does not hurt to try. It is not necessary to stay with her ??legs up, just lying on her side is enough.
Trick 4: Enjoy this time of expectation
If you hurry to get pregnant, you may end up feeling too anxious about it. This is normal, but the truth is that the chances are greater if you are not stressed. This is because the hypothalamus - the gland in the brain that regulates hormones ovulation. - Does not work so well when you"re nervous, causing her body to end ovulating later or even not release an egg that cycle therefore try maximum to enjoy this phase and all this "lot" of carefree sex. Make sex fun - instead of just thinking about making a baby - you can even increase your chances of getting pregnant. And if you"re thinking of ways to spice things up, good news: there is not a position that is better than the other to get pregnant. All are equally effective.
Trick 5: Prepare the ground for superespermatozoides
Sperm are more likely to fertilize an as healthier, stronger and egg are plentiful. There are several ways to help your partner improve sperm quality:
The sooner your partner adopt these changes, the better. New sperm can take up to three months to produce.
- Cut Alcohol (drink daily studies show that may reduce testosterone levels, lower sperm count and increasing the number of defective cells).
- Declare war on smoking (smoking can reduce the quality of sperm).
- Eat more foods rich in zinc, folic acid, calcium and vitamins C and D (they help produce many strong and fast sperm).
- Avoiding hot and sauna baths, since the heat eliminates sperm (testes work best at a temperature between 34.4 and 35 degrees Celsius, slightly less than normal body temperature). Stay long with the laptop on the lap increases the temperature of the testes, as well as riding a bike too.
Trick 6: Make sure you also
Your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and a baby are higher if your
body and your life are ready for the task. Before you start trying to conceive, see your gynecologist or general practitioner to see if all is well with your ovulation and if their immunizations are up to date. You will also greatly help if you reduce or cut the consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking cessation and drugs. All these substances interfere negatively on your fertility and are also dangerous to the fetus. Consider the hypothesis also cut out caffeine. Some studies show that women who take more than one or two cups of coffee a day are less likely becoming pregnant.
Based in babycenter.com
WEST BRANCH OGEMAW MICHIGAN tspan:3m
WEST BRANCH OGEMAW MICHIGAN
How can I prepare for breastfeeding before I give birth?
To prepare for breastfeeding, the most important thing you can do is have confidence in yourself and to plan ahead
. Committing to breastfeeding starts with the conviction that you can do it!
Other steps you can take to prepare for breastfeeding are:
- Get good prenatal care, which can help you avoid early delivery. Babies born too early have more problems with breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor about your plans to breastfeed, and ask if the place where you plan to deliver your baby has the staff and setup to support successful breastfeeding. Some hospitals and birth centers have taken special steps to create the best possible environment for successful breastfeeding. These places are called Baby-Friendly Hospitals and Birth Centers.
- Take a breastfeeding class. Pregnant women who comprehend about how to breastfeed are more likely to be successful at breastfeeding than those who do not. Breastfeeding classes offer pregnant women and their partners the chance to prepare and ask questions before the baby´s arrival.
- Ask your doctor to recommend a lactation consultant. You can establish a contact with a lactation consultant before the baby comes so that you will have support ready after the baby is born.
- Talk to your doctor about your health. Discuss any breast surgery or injury you may have had. If you have depression, or are taking supplements or medicines, talk with your doctor about treatments that can work with breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor that you would like to breastfeed as soon as possible after delivery. The sucking instinct is very strong within the baby´s first hour of life.
- Talk to friends who have breastfed, or consider joining a breastfeeding support group.
- Talk to fathers, partners, and other family members about how they can help you successfully breastfeed. Partners and family members can:
- Support your breastfeeding by being kind and encouraging
- Show their love and appreciation for all of the work that goes into breastfeeding
- Be good listeners if you need to talk about any breastfeeding concerns you might have
- Help make sure you have enough to drink and get enough rest
- Help around the house
- Take care of any other children who are at home
- Give the baby love through playing and cuddling
- Get the items you will need for breastfeeding, such as nursing bras, covers, and nursing pillows.
How I can eat a healthy diet?
The body needs minerals, vitamins and other nutrients to stay healthy. A healthy diet means you are eating:
Vegetables, fruits, whole grains and non-fat dairy and low-fat
Fish, seafood, chicken or turkey, lean meats and low-fat, eggs, beans, peas (peas), seeds and nuts
Limit your intake of foods rich in:
Cholesterol, sodium (salt) and added sugar.
Fat trans: fats trans can be found in foods such as cakes (or cakes), cookies, margarine that comes in bars and fried foods.
Saturated fats: These fats are in animal products such as cheese, high-fat meats, whole milk and butter.
Refined grains: refined grain products include white bread, pasta, white rice and flour tortillas, among others.
Get a personalized diet plan to help you choose healthy foods
Having too much cholesterol in the blood can cause heart disease or heart attack. Approximately one in six people in the United States have high cholesterol. You may have high cholesterol and not know it. Good thing its easy to get tested for cholesterol, and if you go too high, you can take steps to control it.
Who should be tested for cholesterol?
Men who are 35 or more
Men under 35 who have heart disease or are at risk of suffering from
Women who have heart disease or are at risk of suffering from