Creek Transport started
to Kenworth, the two
T880s are equipped with
the 400-hp Cummins
Westport ISX12 G natural
gas engine with a
transmission. The T880s
also feature 145-gallon
Lydia’s man trouble
and the high cost of
living in L.A. And
don’t forget Dad (a
pompous Alec Baldwin),
who is mulling a job
offer from the Mayo in
Minnesota. Should he take
it and place Alice in an
even stranger environment
than her ...
With their purchase of
two Kenworth T880s
equipped with the Cummins
Westport ISX12 G natural
gas engine ...
from the family's farms
in North Central and
South Central Minnesota
to market, since 2007 it
has specialized in the
– Roy Lake State
Park 2.0” –
Eureka 2.0” –
Turton 2.0” –
– Leola 1.6”
– Hayti 1.5”
1.5” – Bowdle
Pipestone, MN 1.5
Cindy Reiter wrote ...
and is the 2014-15 Third
District President to the
American Legion Auxiliary
Department of Minnesota.
Michelle is also the
volunteer coordinator for
the Minnesota Newspaper
Museum which is open
(AP) — Andre
Hollins scored a
season-high 31 points on
7-for-10 shooting from
3-point range, a
much-needed breakout game
for the senior and his
struggling team that
spurred Minnesota to an
89-80 victory over
Rutgers on Saturday. Mo
Walker had ...
WESTPORT -- A Westport
man was among three
college students killed
in a collision on Highway
3 in Minnesota that left
two other college
students injured Friday
Goodgame, 20, was killed
when the 1997 Toyota
4Runner in which he was a
Friends, family and
former teammates both in
Westport and Minnesota on
Saturday mourned the
death of 20 ...
for the college's student
newspaper, was a member
of the swim team and
played for two years on
the Ultimate Frisbee
team, which finished
service details) A
20-year-old Westport man
was among three college
students killed Friday
after their SUV spun out
of control on an icy road
near Northfield, Minn.
and crashed into an
the Minnesota State
college student from
Westport and two other
students were killed in a
crash in Minnesota on
Friday. Michael D.
Goodgame, of Westport,
along with 20-year-old
James P. Adams and
21-year-old Paxton M.
Harvieux, both of
Minnesota, died after
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR WESTPORT
The city agains Asthma
If you or your child has asthma, you are not alone. About 23 million people in the United States suffer from asthma. Asthma is the leading cause of disease of long duration in children.
We are all responsible for protecting the conditions that determine a good level of health for our family and our community. Education is the basis for creating health-promoting environments for all.
At present, we have at our disposal a wealth of information about asthma. Hence, both the parents and the people who are caring for children play an important role in the transmission of knowledge, and changing lifestyle of the family.
Since the EPA is committed to educating all people about asthma, then you will find useful information that will help you more effectively control asthma.
What are the environmental factors that cause asthma?
Asthma can be triggered by allergens or irritants that are common in our homes.The most common factors are:
Asthma can be caused by smoke from a cigarette butt, pipe or cigar and also by the smoke exhaled by a smoker.
- Choose not to smoke in your home or car or allow others to do so.
Dust mites are too small to be seen with the naked eye, but are in every home.They live in mattresses, pillows, carpets, furniture fabric wallpaper, bedspreads, clothes and stuffed toys.
- Wash sheets and blankets weekly in hot water.
- Choose soft toys that are washable, and wash them often in hot water, drying them completely. Keep these toys off beds.
- Cover mattresses and pillows with covers that prevent the passage of dust (allergen impermeable) having a closure.
Skin flakes emerging from domestic animals, urine and saliva may trigger asthma.
Learn more at www.epa.gov/asthma/pets.html
- Consider keeping pets out of the house or finding a new home if necessary.
- Keep your pets all the time outside the bedroom or any other area that is used for sleeping and keep the doors shut.
- Keep pets off the furniture with tapestry fabric, carpets and stuffed toys.
Mold grows in damp places or materials. The key to mold control is moisture control. If mold is a problem in your home, clean and remove excess water or moisture. Reducing moisture also helps reduce other factors that cause asthma, such as cockroaches.
- Wash mold off hard surfaces and dry completely. Absorbents, such as tile roofs and carpets, if they rust, should probably be removed or replaced materials.
- Make any water leaks in the pipes and pipes and other sources of water supply.
- Keep drip pans in your refrigerator, air conditioner and dehumidifier environments, clean and dry.
- Use exhaust fans or open windows hold while cooking or when using the dishwasher.
- Use exhaust fans in the bathrooms while showering.
- Place the exhaust in a clothes dryer to the outside.
- Keep the humidity inside the house at a low level, 30 to 50 percent relative humidity. Humidity levels can be measured by hygrometers which can be purchased at hardware stores.
Droppings or excretions of cockroaches can trigger asthma.
If sprays are used:
- Do not leave food or garbage out environmental exposure.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Clean all food waste or spilled liquids immediately.
- First try to control cockroaches using poison baits, boric acid or traps before using pesticide sprays.
- Limit yourself to use only in infested areas.
- Carefully follow the instructions found on product labels.
- Ensure that enough fresh air when you spray and keep the person with asthma out of the home.
Preventing asthma attacks
. To make an asthma action plan, tips on how to manage asthma and get a copy of the popular activity book "Dusty the Goldfish".
- Step 1: Talk to your doctor about your child´s asthma. If your child has asthma or you think your child has this disease, take your child to a doctor.The doctor will work with you to ensure that your child has an asthma attack.
- Learn what causes asthma in your child.
- Identify your asthma triggers in your home are.
- Learn how to rid your home the factors that cause asthma.
- Know what your child should take medication.
- Step 2: Make a plan. Ask your doctor to help you create an individual action plan to control your child´s asthma. Work with your doctor to create a plan of action to help you learn how to prevent asthma attacks your child regularly.
- Step 3 - Make your home resistant asthma. The factors that cause asthma are part of our daily lives. Asthma attacks can be caused by mold growing on the shower curtain in the bathroom, dust mites living in blankets or blankets, the pillows and stuffed toys of your child. Learn more about the things that can cause an asthma attack and what you can do to eliminate them and keep your child healthy.
Tools Program Indoor Air Quality for Schools
EPA has developed a program of Air Quality Tools for Schools Interior to reduce exposure to environmental contaminants in them through the voluntary adoption of practices to manage indoor air quality.
The "program IAQ Tools for Schools
"is a detailed to help maintain a healthy environment in school buildings by identifying, correcting and preventing problems of air quality resource.Poor indoor air quality in schools can affect the comfort and health of students and staff, which in turn can affect concentration, attendance, and student performance. In addition, if the school takes to react promptly as poor air quality, students and staff are at increased risk of health problems in the short term, such as fatigue and nausea, as well as problems long-term health such as asthma. Read more about it and download or order a kit action " IAQ Tools for Schools ".
WESTPORT MINNESOTA tspan:3m
GET YOUR MEDICARE READY FOR 2015 IN WESTPORT
Do you make resolutions for the new year? Here are some easy ones you can keep that will help get you ready for 2015:
1. Check to see that you have the right insurance card to use when you go to the doctor in 2015. Did you change your health or drug plan during Medicare Open Enrollment? If you did and you havent received your new card or welcome packet by January 1st, contact your plan for help. If you need to fill a prescription right away, find out how to fill a prescription without your card.
If you changed from a Medicare Advantage Plan (like an HMO or PPO) back to Original Medicare, use your red, white, and blue Medicare card when you go to the doctor. Get a new card if you lost or damaged yours, or need to update your information.
2. Budget for next years Medicare Part B deductible.
Remember, if you have Medicare Part B and youre in Original Medicare, youll have to meet your deductible before your Medicare coverage pays for services and supplies. Next year, the Medicare Part B deductible will be $147, the same as it was in 2014. Plan your health care budget to account for the increased cost of doctor visits for the time that it will take to cover your deductible. Find out more about Medicare costs in 2015.
3. Schedule appointments to get any preventive tests or screenings.
Medicare covers all sorts of preventive services to keep you healthy and screenings to check for health problems, and many are covered each year at no cost to you. Ask your doctor when you should schedule your wellness visit and other screenings. You can also use MyMedicare.gov to track your visits and make a calendar of preventive services.
Talk to your doctor about these covered preventive services to find out whats right for your health needs.
4. Make sure your drug or health plan meet your needs.
If not, Medicare has a way for you to get the coverage you want instead of having to wait for the next Open Enrollment. At any time during the year, you can switch to a Medicare Advantage Plan or Medicare Prescription Drug Plan that has a 5-star rating.
Plan ratings are based on member surveys, information from doctors and health care providers, and other sources. The plan ratings are scores that show the quality and performance of the plan, on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, with 5 being the highest rated plans.
You can make this change once per calendar year. Find 5-star health and drug plans in your area.
Remember to check www.medicare.gov for the latest Medicare news and information, and have a happy and healthy new year!
Health insurance on WESTPORT
Young adults have several options to get coverage through the insurance market.
Find out if you are eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. You may be eligible for registration under the Special Enrollment Period unknowingly. If your student medical coverage you finished, you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period that will allow you to purchase a health plan through the Insurance Market. You might also grant a Special Enrollment Period if you get married or porced, have a child or adopt a child, moving to another area, and not old enough to be on the safe parent or have in your life some other event eligible to do so.
Find out how to request coverage for Medicaid and CHIP . You can enroll in Medicaid or the Childrens Health Insurance Program (CHIP) at any time of year. If you qualify you can now register.
You can get coverage from their parents plan until age 26, even if married, not living with their parents or dependent on them economically. After age 26, you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
These plans are an affordable way to protect yourself from the high costs of the worst cases, such as an accident or serious illness. If you are under 30, you can purchase a catastrophic plan coverage. Served three visits per year before you have paid the deductible and certain preventive services .