Register now and request your ballots for the year in WILTON MANORS FLORIDA
The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) registers you to vote, and acts as a request for your State absentee ballots for the year. It is important to complete a new FPCA annually, every time you move or at least 90 days prior to the election you want to vote in.
Completing a new FPCA is easy at FVAP.gov:
- Select your State from the drop-down on the home page
- Click the box at the bottom of the page to Register to Vote, Request a Ballot or Update My Voter Info
- The FVAP online tool will walk you through the form, and provide you with a PDF packet to print, sign and send directly to your local election official (LEO); links are also provided here for States that offer online voter registration
- You can check the status of your registration and/or ballot request by contacting your LEO at any time
Remember, the only way your LEO knows how to reach you is with the information you provide! Some States allow a longer time between registrations, but if you submit a new FPCA every year, you wont have to worry about your registration or ballot request status and can participate in all the elections* you´re eligible to.
* While there are no regularly scheduled elections for Federal offices, there may be some elections for office which are vacated by the end of the term. Being registered ensures you will be able to participate in these elections.
If you experience any issues or have questions, FVAPs call center is available at 1-800-438-VOTE (8683), DSN 425-1584 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Toll-free phone numbers from 67 countries are listed at FVAP.gov. Find us on Facebook at /DoDFVAP and follow @FVAP on Twitter.
PDF version of FVAP Voter Alert #1
WILTON MANORS FLORIDA tspan:3m
WILTON MANORS FLORIDA
The importance of local education funding in WILTON MANORS FLORIDA
Yesterday, President Obama spoke to the Council of the Great City Schools about the exceptional progress being made within local and state education levels. The work of our administrators and educators has been more impactful than ever, resulting in higher standardized test scores in some of the previously lowest-performing schools and increased resources for students.
In fact, more graduation caps are going airborne as high school students are graduating at the highest rate ever recorded, with the largest improvement among minority and low-income students.
See what President Obama had to say about what we must do to improve access to quality education in America:
This funding is an investment in our nation's future that has been able to give the kind of education our children need and deserve to compete in the 21st century.
President Obama hopes that the upcoming budget plan by the Republican House and Senate will reflect the priorities of educating every child. If their new budget maintains sequester-level funding of the past, we would actually be giving less federal support to America’s schools than we were back in 2000.
Most alarmingly, if their current proposal is not changed, over the next six years, billions of dollars would be cut in education funding. That means we'd be cutting the support given to America's most impoverished schools, the funding that has helped create the progress we're seeing today.
"The notion that we would be going backwards instead of forwards in how we’re devoting resources to educating our kids makes absolutely no sense."
The FBI is offering rewards for information leading to the apprehension of the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives. Select the images of suspects to display more information.